I reserved a concierge level room, which was considerably more expensive, thinking that the concierge lounge would provide us with the amenities usually found in such places. We were very disappointed. Although the lack of ANY services the first day and evening (Saturday) was somewhat compensated for by a voucher for breakfast, the Sunday evening spread was pitiful. The food was sparse and cheap, and not even a glass of wine offered. When I asked to speak with the manager, I was given a front desk assistant Manager who exhibited attitude. Although she comped us hors d'oeuvres and a glass of wine through room service, her attitude made the experience a negative one.
The room was small, dated and the flat screen TV didn't swivel, and could only be comfortably watched from the bed. The tub is very small (Hampton Inn-sized) and the towels are adequate- not plush. The pillows and bedding were great, as was the bed (very comfortable). The climate control was good, as well.
The Sunday brunch in the restaurant was not good (it used to be one of the best in Miami) and they gave me real coffee when I had asked for decaf, which made me very physically uncomfortable.
Our main beef with the hotel is the cheap approach to the concierge level of service and the attitude of management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miami Marriott Dadeland boasts 302 beautiful guest rooms including our newly renovated art-inspired Design Guest Rooms, a welcoming lobby with complimentary internet access and 35,000 sq ft of newly renovated flexible meeting space. Located in the heart of South Miami, we are minutes away from Downtown Miami and South Beach. Our hotel is steps away to Dadeland Mall, restaurants and activities. Located near the Historical Coral Gables, Sunset Place Shops, The Falls and Merrick Park, makes us an extraordinary shopping destination. We are a short driving distance to Baptist & South Miami Hospitals, Univ. of Miami and Florida International University. The Metro Rail station adjacent to the hotel provides ease of transportation to the Miami Airport and much more. International cuisine can be enjoyed at Whitney's Restaurant opened for breakfast and lunch. Looking to relax after a long day, unwind in the Le Mirage Lounge or sit poolside overlooking the sites of Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Miami Marriott Dadeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Marriott Dadeland Hotel Miami
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott Dadeland Florida