Although our complaints are not related to the renovations occurring, maybe the stress of them contributed to our concerns. This was not the best Residence Inn we've stayed at. Compared to others the breakfast was lacking and was served on styrofoam plates with plastic utensils and cups. The hallways are outdoors, similar to a motel, which is different. Parking is $20 per night and the underground garage is secure. The location is excellent, although the street was closed due to area construction (would have been nice to have gotten an email from the hotel about this prior to arrival). We had booked a two bedroom, two bath suite; with the two baths being necessary due to medical conditions. When we arrived we did have to wait for our room and then were given a two bedroom one bath. When we went downstairs to request a move, we were told that all of the two bedroom, two bath suites were in the building that was currently under renovation. When I said that two bathrooms were really needed, the clerk told me even though it was a prepaid reservation she would refund my money and we could go elsewhere. !!! Really? That's the first response? I couldn't even think of anything to say at first, then explained that given the hour, the fact that one member of our party had gotten lost on her way to the hotel and was still en route, and our unfamiliarity with the area that didn't seem like a great option. Next she said she could call the Residence Inn by the airport and see what they had available, but she didn't think they had anything either. At this point I had recovered somewhat and suggested they give us two rooms so we would have two bathrooms--that it wouldn't be ideal, but it would mean we'd have the two bathrooms. So she looked it up and told us how much more that would cost! At this point my husband interjected and said that they should be covering the cost of any room change, we should not have to and the clerk said she'd have to check with her manager and asked us if that's what we really wanted to do. She seemed very put out by the whole thing and less than willing to help. After several minutes she came back and announced we would just be given a second room and got our keys without a smile, or chitchat or any welcoming gestures. We thanked her several times and went up to rearrange things. We enjoyed being in the Grove, but not so sure we'd chance this hotel again if we wanted a two bedroom two bath suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove is situated in the beautiful and historic village of Coconut Grove, just south of downtown Miami and steps away from Coral Gables and Cocowalk. Each of our sleek and modern suites feature a full kitchen, separate living area with pull-out sofa and balcony with breathtaking views of Coconut Grove. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, weekday evening socials, relaxing swims in our outdoor pool and stay in shape in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Residence Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove Florida