“Last Choice”

Ranked #83 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Phoenix, Arizona
“Last Choice”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The carpet was filthy, the a/c molding was severely cracked, there were mold stains on the ceiling, You better make sure the night before that everything is VERY clear about when the shuttle will be there for pick-up. The electrical plug in had aquarium glue holding it into the wall. The lamp shade was torn, urine on the base of the toilet from another guest... One night was it for me!

1 Thank SilverWingz-57
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Miami Airport for your hotel accommodations in Miami and for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay. On behalf of the Quality Inn staff we would like to apologize for the problems you experienced in your room. I can assure you that the problem has been corrected. Please give us opportunity to demonstrate that provide clean and comfortable rooms. We appreciate your business and we hope you consider us again in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lansing, KS
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Good place for an overnight in Miami before cruise. Decent price for a Miami hotel, cruise package included parking while gone and shuttle to the port. There is also a shuttle to/from the airport if needed instead.

There are a few fast food and sit down restaurants within walking distance. There is also a small convenience store where you can pick up a few limited items.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear guest I sure appreciate your feedback, and as the new General Manager of the property, I feel delighted to see that the team is performing to make the stay of our guests a more enjoyable one. Please come back to your home in Miami.
Best regards

Eduardo Sotelo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had do find a close place to the airport to spend one night because I had to catch a flight the next day and I found it a nice place. As far as I can remember we spent like 20 dollars the taxi ride. The breakfast was good but there were many people there and some had to eat standing because there was no place enough for everyone to seat. There was a free shuttle to the airport, we just paid a tip to the driver. I don't have many things to say because it was only a night and I was so tired, but there was no bad things I can remember. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CeresBaer
Weinheim, Germany
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is an average airport hotel. Slightly overpriced as most hotels around Miami airport. It is a 10min drive away from the airport in Doral FL. My room was clean and tidy with the required equipment. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers a free pick-up from and transfer to the airport. The breakfast buffet is really good for an average motel, including eggs and burgers. Free Wi-Fi is available. All in all, an OK option if you need to stay around MIA.

lansing
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great hotel to stay right before your cruise. The Cruise package includes parking while you are gone, shuttle to the port, and a room. If not parking this hotel does have a shuttle from the airport. Awesome internet service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had to saty here for an overnight between flights in Miami. It was a bad experience. The hotel seems very basic with most of the rooms facing a expressway or internal streets. The breakfast is very peculiar, particularly the eggs they offer. And the most important point, the free wifi internet is very very very bad. You cannot get anything done because it fails every 5 minutes. I am not staying here again.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, ask for rooms in the third floor.
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Decided to stay here because of the cruise package offer. Let me say that it is not worth it!!! So waited at Miami international airport for 45 minutes, called multiple times to ask where shuttle was and phone would just ring. Was originally promised a 15 min wait. It's after 11pm, very long day and finally get into the room 2nd fl. First it's an exterior door and pizza ads were slid under the door. Next I do the "hotel check" (thanks hotel impossible)!! Anyways this room was beyond gross. The bathroom was coated in nasty funk, there was a hair sitting in the toilet, there was dust and grime on toilet seat. Would NOT take a shower in there!!! Moving to the bed, there was a blood stain on the sheets, multiple hairs, multiple stains on sheets and pillow. Flat out smells gross and musty. More issues than I can list. Told the front desk guy came to room and apologized and offered to switch room. Moved us to 3rd fl. This room was gross too!!! The sink is backed up and again hairs in bed. I am literally sitting in this room writing this review at midnight looking for other hotels. Will never stay here again!!!!! BTW....purchsed two
waters from lobby and I tried to pay in cash. The boy refused my cash said he didnt havr change for a 20 the water was $5 for 2 bottles. Said would add to bill, but then when i requested copy of bill he refused!!! i am the guest and i want to see what you are charging me, give me a copy of my darn bill!!! When I came down to complain about the room another guest was buying
their darn water with cash!!!!
Long story short, this place is disgusting and the staff is lazy and not accommodating! Do not stay here!!!! It's not worth the $150/night!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Amanda M
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at the Quality Inn Miami Airport.

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I would like to speak with you. Please call me (305)599-5200 Ext 700 or send me an email to Jessica.mendez@baywoodhotels.com with your contact information. This types of comments I take very seriously, so its urgent that I speak with you.

Jessica Mendez