“Short stay, but just right”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South
Ranked #41 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Not even here for 12 hours, but a pleasant welcome and near some good restaurants. Very fresh looking, colorful. Good coffee 24 hrs, Comfortable bed, fridge, coffee maker and nice bath. Quiet room.

Easy access to electrical outlets.

Really excellent shuttle drivers who gave an excellent recommendation for supper.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeffrey D
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our goal is to satisfy our guests needs and exceed your expectations. I hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I came in for a meeting and stayed one night. I had a very nice stay at the Fairfield. The airport is abit confusing because MIA has only one place to drop off and pick up hotel customers so I was relieved when the free shuttle arrived for me (I thought I was in the wrong place waiting). The friendly driver shared that because my meeting was within their policy 2 mile range the shuttle driver could take me and pick me up. How nice!

The room was very comfortable and although the outdoor whirlpool area was finishing some construction work, they arranged for me to sit in the sun on a lounger while I waited for my 5pm meeting.

The location is 1 mile from the airport and across the street from Catch of The Day Seafood Bar & Grill. I ate there twice, and down the street is a Latin Café. I had a delicious Cortadito coffee and a large salad.

My stay included breakfast, and although I only ate light, there was a very wide range of food to keep everyone satisfied.
Next time I come to Miami and am not staying in South Beach, I would stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cheryl W

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your last stay in our hotel. We appreciate our guests feedback in order for us to improve our facilities and satisfy our guests needs. Our pool renovation in completed and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed after a cruise and prior to returning home. It's near the airport and the surrounding area isn't brilliant but fine for one or two night stay as there are good Cuban restaurants that are within a 2 minute walk.

There is a shuttle bus that does the hotel run and for $10 will take you to dolphin mall for some retail therapy. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the airport that runs every 30 minutes - just make sure you make the reception staff aware. If you want to go downtown then get to the metro station and its $4 return - great value or approx $25 dollar taxi one way

There is free wifi throughout the hotel and the rooms have large flat screen televisions. Rooms are spacious and with free breakfast and friendly staff not much more you can ask for

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jambo43
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear guest, you do know how to resume the facts that are important to the traveler. We thank you very much for your comments and hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here with family and friends with three rooms booked prior to cruise vacation. Close location to MIA airport. Shady part of town, but do not affect the hotel. Gated parking garage. Free shuttle was prompt (made an extra trip to pick us up on request). Driver was courteous and assisted with luggage. We found the lobby (as the rest of the hotel) to be refreshing, clean, and modern. Front desk personnel couldn't have been nicer. Rooms were spacious, quiet, and clean. Flatscreen TV, free WiFi. Front desk assisted in getting a taxi so we could travel to South Beach for dinner. Following morning, we all enjoyed the continental breakfast w/ waffles, scrambled eggs, and other variety. Front desk again assisted in hailing two taxis to the port of Miami. No complaints from here. Ideal place to stay for an overnight trip. We will very likely stay again.

1  Thank DR24018

Dear guest we all appreciate your comments very much. I am happy to see we accomplish our goal. We would love to have you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My sister and I were doing a cruise out of Miami and needed a place for one night. They have a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The room was spacious, had a microwave and a table. We were quickly checked in, and the elevators were fast - yahoo - I hate slow elevators. The hotel was actually very quiet - no noise from planes overhead. The breakfast in the morning was great and had lots of options. They offer a shuttle for $12.00 per person to the cruise pier which was in a nice smaller bus with a trailer for the luggage. You sign up for what time you want to leave, and it was seamless and about the same as a taxi if there is only 2 of you. All in all, a good option if you want to avoid paying for a taxi to take you to coconut grove and then another taxi to the cruise pier.

Room Tip: Since this was a very quiet hotel, I think most rooms would be great.
3  Thank Debra B
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear guest, my staff and I are loving your comment. Thank, thanks, thanks. What can I say? This is why we work with a smile in our faces every day ! PLease come back and visit us.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Good, straight-at-you mid-level franchise property. Staff was very courteous and helpful to me and my two young daughters. Kitchen/eating area worker was lovely and kind. Housekeeper was pleasant. Thoughtful and gracious (weekend) manager (male) and front desk (woman). Our room did overlook noisy restaurant/entertainment place at night, so on weekends, you may want to avoid that side. Clean and efficient. Decor is a little dated, but it is what it is and does it well. My girls liked it!

Room Tip: Maybe avoid overlooking restaurant/bar on weekends because of later night music.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We loved having you and your little ones here! Come back soon, this is your home in Miami!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Picked this hotel because of their overnight shuttle service. Well it didnt work out called hotel ring ring nothing waited and waited as I saw shuttles come and go. After a hour gave up got a cab agent during the shift had no apology. Got to my room bathroom had hairs nd dirty towels. Front Desk states they had no rooms. In the morning I explained what happend and nothing. Last but not least I decided to give a shot to the shuttle service in the morning but guess what it was worse. Driver was latin starts Rafael driving fast to the airport and got very rude because I didnt not tip him. I know spanish and know what he was staying.

As a Marriott rewards member I was insulted

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Miguel L
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear guest, I am very surprised and sorry to hear about your experience with the service at the hotel. And while I value you pointing out the name of your driver, I would like to have a chance to ask you some other questions to take actions with housekeeping and front desk, as we only seek total guest satisfaction. Please call me at 786.4562100. Again please excuse any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.