“Handy and Clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South
Ranked #42 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Very nice Fairfield!!!3 minutes from Rental Car Center returns,located in a quiet street close to Le Jeune and 7th Avenue.Above the average of the Fairfields.Very good breakfast with hot selections.We booked a suíte and it was very large.The check in was the fastest ever!!!I called in advance and Glenda pre checked us in,it took 2 minutes to get the room key!!
I had a very personal issue:Abercrombie and Hollister failed to deliver my merchandise in the delivered date they set for me.As the packages would arrive after I leave,I begged two front desk employees and a manager(I cant remember his name,a tal grey haired man from Eastern Europe) to send the packages to a friend who lives in Orlando.I would leave the Money for the expenses with Fedex or UPS and some extra Money as a tip to the person who would do it for me but they refused to help me.They were supposed to return this packages in order I could get a refund,but til now,it hasn`t happen.

Room Tip: I Always book suítes for extra room!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear guest I appreciate your comments and what happens is that for our guest security and protection we do forward some guest packages in US, but we request the prepaid labels from the guest so that we can help on issues like this, but unfortunately we cannot take cash to forward packages.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great location near the airport with free shuttle. We checked in at 9am, not expecting our room to be ready, which it wasn't but we were offered breakfast (no charge) while they organised our room. Breakfast was average, buffet style, plastic plates and cutlery. Rooms are comfortable with all the amenities you would expect. There is a business centre and free wifi. They have a shuttle service to Dolphin Mall for $10 return.

Room Tip: Pool facing room is good but you have to have the curtains closed if there are guests using the pool...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thanks for your comments as they only provide another insight of our services to our future guests.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Clean and cheerful hotel. Close to the airport. Good dining options across the street (catch of the day etc). The airport shuttle is a bit unreliable though. Did not turn up for 45 minutes. But the hotel staff were very apologetic and paid for the cab that I finally took.

Given how close it is to the airport (around 10$) , would suggest dont wait for the shuttle at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear guest I’m sorry you had to wait for the shuttle on your last stay with us. There must have been a situation that day, because as you said we are so close to the airport it only takes us 10 minutes to get there. We run the shuttle every half hour or when the guest calls to be picked up. Again please excuse the inconvenience and happy holidays!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here at the end of October for 5 nights on business. The hotel is newer, however, it is close to the airport. Glenda at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful when I checked in, as well as other times throughout the week. I was able to be upgraded to a suite, which was nice, but the downfall to that is it faces the busy street. All of the suites are on the same corner and face the street, so you can hear a little bit of the traffic, even being on a higher floor like I was.

I did not eat any of the breakfast, but saw that it contained the same items that you will find at any hotel. The workout room was fine. They have some outdoor parking, but also an underground garage for guests only. You have to use your key card to get in there. I am a Marriott Gold Elite member, so the garage parking was free (it normally is not free, just FYI).

I did not like hearing some of the traffic and the hotel is around a residential neighborhood, which doesn't seem like the best neighborhood. Also, the elevators are really slow, so if you are in a hurry, it might be best to take the stairs.

The Marriott is right next door, but I didn't stay there because the Fairfield had better reviews and was newer, which I prefer. I would consider staying here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Even though the suites are bigger, if you don't want to hear the traffic, request a room away fr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your review, from the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami. We appreciate your comments. Hopefully next time you do have a chance to enjoy the breakfast as well. Happy Holidays !

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The one staff member manning the desk was very nice but needed help. There was a line out the door when we arrived and then later when we tried to buy some water from the lobby store, the line was even longer. The looks on the guests said it all. There was signage for vending machines on the second floor but after walking around for 10 minutes, we could not locate them. We had to walk to nearby Chevron to get two bottled waters. Room looked clean but smelled and the miniature fridge had mold inside. Paid $200 for the night with promise of breakfast but breakfast didn't start until 7a.m. on weekends which wasn't noted in original booking so missed out on that. Very disappointed. Good location to the airport but unlike other Marriott's, the rooms are definitely not sound proof. Was awakened by planes at 3a and 4a.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear guest, I’m sorry to hear you whole impression on your stay was spoiled because of the line you had to do at check in, because unfortunately the weekend you arrived there was a big group checking in and the agents at the desk could not get to you as fast as they would have wanted.
Regarding our breakfast policy, we do change the hours during weekends, as stated on the “ In Room Directory “ to allow an extra hour of sleep for our guests. Nevertheless if a guest requests something earlier to grab and go it will be our pleasure to accommodate such request.
The airport noise, as you can see on the many comments below yours, has not been an issue for us, as our windows were designed to be sound proof. Anyways I will address your concern to make sure this will not happen again.
Thanks for taking the time share your experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Good location close to Miami airport. The hotel, or at least reception area, has been renewed in a very pleasant way. Reception and breakfast area are much more comfortable and nice. The breakfast has more choices. Otherwise I could not see any bigger improvements to something which was already a very comfortable hotel. I stayed there also in February 2013.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the street (really good insulation) instead of fuel station.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest , I’m glad to see you did notice the small changes we did. Remember this is your home in Miami, please come back soon. Happy holidays!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. I spent two nights . One prior to my flight to surinam and the other on my return to Surinam. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The room rate includes breakfast which was very good. A good selection of items. I found all the staff very helpful and accommodating. There is a free shuttle but I did not realize that the pickup was not on demand. The shuttle runs every half an hour. I waited almost 40 mins on my second stay. It appears that I and just missed the shuttle . When I called the person who answered did not tell me it was every half an hour. I t was the driver who mentioned it to me after I asked him why it took so long.Really it was no problem for me to wait but it would have been nice to told that pickups are every half and hour.
There is also a shuttle for the Dolphin Mall which picks up at the hotel. ($10 return).The shuttle does a bit of a peddle run since it goes to many of the hotels in the vicinity. About 10 mins walk from the hotel there is a small shopping centre with a K-mart ,drugstore and a supermarket. The hotel shuttle will also take you there if you so wish.
Close to the hotel there are a few restaurants. I found the food and service at Catch of the Day( at the lights at the corner) to be excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

From all the associates at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, thank you very much for your comments. Happy holidays!