“Really yummy, but burger buns need improvement”
Review of Killer Melts

Killer Melts
Ranked #604 of 4,846 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: The Place for a Perfect Grilled Cheese. We specialize in perfect grilled cheese sandwiches and mouthwatering burger melts. If you want to experience buttery, crisp, gooey and comforting sandwiches, Killer Melts is the place to visit.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband is a burger snob. Actually, more like a bun snob. Even the most amazing burger will lose its otherwise high rating if the bread breaks apart and the sandwich dismantles. That is the only reason I'm withholding that 5th dot in my rating. Two of our burgers required forks to finish. He had the tomato soup to start: truly delicious. The burgers were also really good, taste-wise. His and my son's were regular, no-frills bacon cheeseburgers with lettuce and tomatoes, and I had the French Assassin, as is (maple mascarpone cheese, ya'll!), but mine was served on a different ind of bun which held up pretty well. The cheese fries were great, and even though my plain fries were a bit overcooked, they were good too. Overall, I would give it another try. But the bread makes the burger, and some of their buns need more density.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I hired the Killer Melts food truck to end our wedding with a bang! My guests were beyond excited and LOVED the Mac-n-cheese grilled cheese after a long night of drinking and dancing. So thankful they helped us celebrate our special day!!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This has become our go to place for burgers. They are cooked when ordered. They make them to specifications. The break and the fixings are fresh. If you want a good burger this is a nice hidden gem.

Steve S, Owner at Killer Melts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you for your review and we are very happy to have you as a regular.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

If you don't know the area it might be a little tricky to find but worth the effort. This friendly, family-oriented restaurant specializes in (you guessed it) Grilled Cheese but they also make an excellent burger. If you are going at night don't look for "Killer Melt" because the lighted sign outside just says "Grilled Cheese". There are a half dozen or so different grilled cheese sandwiches and about the same number of burgers including Turkey and veggie as well as fries done up several ways or (boringly) naked. Nothing pedestrian about either the sandwiches or burgers. Each had its own personality with an interesting mix of toppings but you must like cheese and bacon because you will find it in almost everything. They do feature sweet potato fries but they were out that night which was the only disappointment. If you like a beer with your sandwich, they have bottles but they also have several local craft beers on tap, unexpected for this type of place so a welcome sight for brew hounds. While you can order ala carte, the best deal is to go for the combo which include fries and drink which can be a beer if you like. (Yay, free beer!) As long as it's included you might as well pick one of the more expensive artery clogging fry combinations rather than plain with sea salt. Since they didn't have the sweet potato fires I chose a combination with melted blue chees and bacon. The hamburgers consisted of 2 1/3 pound patties which I assume were cooked on the same flat top grill as the sandwiches. I guess they offer dessert but we were so full I forgot to look. Bottom line, if you are a seeds and nuts type this isn't your place. But if you want to give your metabolism a severe workout it's worth an occasional trip. You can do the treadmill tomorrow...

Steve S, Owner at Killer Melts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you for your review and score. Hopefully, you can make it back soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My daughter wanted a burger so we came here. The food is made when you order and it tasted great. The place was full and clean. If in the ,area it's a good spot.

Steve S, Owner at Killer Melts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Always, a pleasure to have you back. Thank you

Been to Killer Melts? Share your experiences!