“Probably the best southwestern food”
Review of Cheen Huaye

Cheen Huaye
Ranked #156 of 4,325 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have been here several times. Every time the owner makes you feel very welcome and prepares food to your taste. I am vegetarian and I love it here. The chili rhinos is awesome. Also the veggie quesadilla deserves a mention.

2  Thank charu s

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Ive lived in San Diego for years and have had my share of delicious Mexican food, but none quite like this. Their specialties menu is what to stick to. I think i've made my way through almost every dish on that menu and they have all been so unique and wonderful, compared to what a lot of us have come to expect from a Mexican menu. You can just taste the love and time that goes in to the preparing the food and it keeps us coming back for more.

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had a great dinner, celebrating a friends birthday. The food was excellent, we recommend the ceviche!!! Waitstaff was incredibly attentive, and responded to every request we made. The food was very authentic, and delicious.

1  Thank K V
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This restaurant is a great place to go to for excellent Southern Mexican food, great service, and excellent prices. Every time that we stop in, whether for lunch or dinner, we are made to feel like welcomed family members. The owner takes a special interest with every patron to make sure that they have the best food and service possible.

The menu is true Southern Mexican cuisine - this is not fast food or chain food - made with the best flavors and love and served with care.

Our only regret is that we live on the other side of the county and we are not in that area often enough.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Many people might believe that Taco Bell is an authentic Mexican dinner. While it may be cheap and quick, it is definitely not the place to go for authentic Mexican food. The place to go is Cheen Huaye in Aventura.

I visited Cheen Huaye one afternoon with a friend. The restaurant is located on the corner of a strip mall. Upon entering the restaurant, you know that this is going to be an authentic meal and not some cheesy Tex-Mex style experience. The restaurant was very clean with a casual but nice atmosphere.

We were immediately greeted by a waitress who told us we could sit anywhere we would like. There were many tables to choose from, indoor and outdoor but we choose to sit inside.

Upon picking our table, our waitress introduced herself and asked what we would like to drink. We ordered waters and began scanning the menu. The menu has a nice selection, but is not too big. It is helpful to know a small amount of basic Spanish in order to completely understand some of the dishes, but there are also explanations listed in English.

Our waitress brought out the standard free chips and salsa along with our drinks. The salsa was among the best I have ever had. It was extremely fresh, full of flavor and spicy like I like it! Definitely not your typical tomato from a can.

For my meal, I ordered the Tacos de Pescado. It was made with fresh grilled Mahi-Mahi. The fish was perfectly cooked, seasoned and flaky. The meal was served with Mexican rice, Red Picked Onions, pico de gallo, and guacamole on the side. Everything was delicious and again very fresh.

My friend ordered a Steak Burrito, which was not on the menu but that they special made per request. It was very good! Not one bite was left on the plate!

All in all, the food was amazing. Everything tasted like it had just been prepared. Nothing tasted over-processed or bland. The service was exceptional too. The waitress was very professional! The restaurant was not packed at the time we dined, but still we waited no more than 15 minutes and our dishes arrived at the same time, piping hot.

Cheen Huaye is the perfect place to grab some authentic Mexican on a casual date, lunch or dinner with friends.

2  Thank chewclue

Been to Cheen Huaye? Share your experiences!