“Good Hotel.. Horrible Front Desk Manners”
Review of Hotel Urbano

Hotel Urbano
Ranked #57 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Good Hotel.. Horrible Front Desk Manners”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I booked my room in a hurry that same day, we needed a place to sleep after a long. As we show to the hotel I realize that I left part of my wallet in the office. I had the Expedia receipt and 2 of my credit cards. The front desk staff was incredibly incompetent and lacked the basic customer service training. If it was up to the front desk "MOD" I would have had to spend the night sleeping in my car. He showed no flexibility what so ever to assist me with my problem. I understand the is a policy in place but the overall attitude was unhelpful and condescending. The MOD showed no willingness to help or resolve my situation. Worst Check-in I've had in years. Nice property. The Morning staff was really nice and helpful the breakfast was very good. Advice. Make sure if you get to this property during day time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Urbano33129, General Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Hello and thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay. First allow me to apologzie for your experience at the front desk - this is not typical of a Hotel Urbano experience and we would like to research the issue. Please feel free to contact me directly at dcandreva@hotelurbano.com or 305.854.2070 to discuss further the issues you encountered. On the other hand, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel in the morning and hope we have the oppotunity to welcome you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed at Hotel Urbano for one night while on a recent business trip to Miami. Not only was the hotel an INCREDIBLE experience for the rate, but the staff was 5-star as well. I really felt like I was in a much, much more expensive hotel. In particular, my bartender Jenn Bond was one of the nicest people I have ever met on any of my business trips. Since I arrived very early, she took care of me while the staff prepared my room. Hopefully you will have the pleasure of having drinks at her bar!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your trip - we are glad to hear that your trip away from home for business was made to be a good one by your expereince with our staff. Especially Jennifer at the bar - I will pass your kind words on to her! Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in Miami.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My friends and I stayed at this hotel after reading the great reviews online and finding a great deal as well. The hotel is modern and clean with friendly staff who want to get to know you and make sure your stay at the hotel is a relaxing and enjoyable one. The rooms were clean and modernly decorated, and there were always refreshing drinks at the front desk after hanging out by the pool. I didn't mind that we had to drive about 15minutes to the beach, but if you are wanting a more party like atmosphere than don't stay here. We wanted the relaxing vibe at our hotel and we got it.

The part my friends and I enjoyed the most was having amazing margaritas made by the wonderful bartender, Jennifer (from Canada) before heading to South Beach Miami clubs. You can't go wrong with any of her drink concoctions and fun conversation. We almost didn't even want to leave the bar and go dancing because we couldn't get enough of her drinks. If you don't stay at this hotel at least have a margarita here :)

The only bad thing is how much the parking costs, but I had read a review about parking on the street around the corner in a residential part of the area and therefore avoiding paying. Good suggestion!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thanks so very much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review after your stay wtih us last weekend! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed out little oasis of a hotel - off the beaten path and were able to relax for a few days. And Jennifer's margarita's seem to be quite a hit at the bar and on Trip Advisor now too! I will certainly pass on your kudos to her... Please come back and see us again soon...
Edmonton
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Me and my family traveled to Miami on Aug 16-30. We had 3 separate stays at this hotel because of our cruise schedule. Staff was very friendly and always helpful. The food there was very good especially the wings. Cue was the bartender at the hotel bar. He was always cheerful and fast. Made me feel like we were at home. I think the best bartender I have ever had and we have done a lot of traveling.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
We thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel after your stay - we very much appreciate it! Glad to hear you enjoyed our little bar - especially the wings, they sure are delicious! We would love to welcome you back again some time soon...
Athens, GA
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We found this to be a nice hotel very well located for our needs. It is very near the Vizcaya museum and gardens, what little there is to visit in Little Havana, and the general Brickell Ave. area. The people were very accommodating, the room was pleasant, the pool area was restful. It is true that the parking charge is unnecessarily expensive, but compared to the generic hotel experience this was a welcome upgrade and worth the extra charge

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for your review - we certainly appreciate it! Glad to hear that you found the hotel to be a nice experience during your stay in Miami - and that the location seemed to be perfect for your needs. We hope you will return again to visit! Have a fantastic day!
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This hotel is lovely in so many ways. The interior is filled with an ever-changing collection of art. The staff was so friendly. Room was modern with a beautiful glass shower. We had some cocktails at the bar Saturday night, and had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer, the bartender. We stuck around for 2 rounds of her DELICIOUS margaritas. Yum, yum! We left feeling like she was our new friend. Breakfast was great-they were super accommodating with mixing and matching. Fresh fruit was amazing. Beds and pillows were comfy. My only complaint was the parking charges. There was a mostly empty parking lot, but they charged $24.00 per night. A little ridiculous. We found parking on the street nearby for free.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irishatheartshelley
We very much appreciate your taking the the time to review our hotel - and are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our little hotel! The art work will be changing again soon - so please come back and check it out! I will certainly pass on your praises for Jennifer's margaritas - she will be so happy to hear you loved them so much!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed for a week.Very nice,friendly staff,but they charged $ 25 dollars a day for parking,on top of the rate of the hotel.For a place in the middle of nowwhere I found it outrages,Incredible that they charge their own guests for the parking,considering that they have plenty of it.Would never stay there again,for the same price without the parking I can stay in Key Biscayne at Silver Sands in front of the beach.

Room Tip: Away from the highway.