“Lovely hotel but a bit isolated”
Review of Hotel Urbano

Hotel Urbano
Ranked #63 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed for 4 nights ahead of a cruise and the hotel is great but the location is testing. The rooms are clean and pool area is superb. Pity the weather didn't allow more use of it during our stay there.
However, the isolated location means if you don't have a car, you have to organize transport to get anywhere, such as restaurants - although the hotel's simple dining menu is adequate and offers good quality food. Thank heavens for the free trolley into Miami, that stops right outside the door every 20 minutes (approx.).
Our room overlooking the pool was an adequate size and a nice position. Drawer and hanging space is very limited. Public indoor areas were OK - just a bar, dining area and some seating in the lobby. As I said, the outdoor pool area makes up for this.
The staff members were friendly and I especially I want to commend the helpfulness of the operations manager to find out from USPS why a parcel, that should have been delivered for me, had failed to arrive.
A very small thing that shows me (as a Brit who doesn't see many good service levels at home) that the hotel tries makes an effort to please, was the 3-times-a-day change of elevator rug (for Brits - that's the mat in the lift!) to offer a timely welcome message!

Room Tip: Pay more for a room that overlooks the pool
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Old_Happy_Wanderer
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review - we're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope the next time you are in Miami we will have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

What I really loved about Hotel Urbano is the artwork surrounding you, and the ultra-friendliness of the staff. Everyone, from manager to valet, were ultra friendly and accommodating. Their are a few quirks that kept it from being an excellent stay, mostly the fact that the valet service never really knew what room we were staying in; each time we asked for the car, it was an adventure seeing how long it took them to find the right one. I am not sure why this wasn't fixed the first time around. With a large parking lot out back, I am not sure why they can not include the parking as part of your stay. I liked our location, as it was an easy free trolley ride to Brickell village, and so close to little Havana and key Biscayne, but nothing is in walking distance, so I wouldn't stay here without a car.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ExperienceFLX
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thanks so much for your review - we're very happy to her you found our staff friendly and accommodating and the location to be a great on for your visit. I will pass along your notes about the confusion with your car to the valet manager and see if we can work on that. WE hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on a recent business trip.My accommodations had been booked by the company I was going to be working for the following day as an independent contractor. I was not prepared for the luxury of this hotel, as my previous accommodations at other hotels that have been booked for me we're just mediocre.I was greeted for valet parking when I pulled up. My bags were carried in for me.Check in was quick and easy. My room was large and spaceous,stocked with personal amenities in the bathroom including a gorgeous white terry cloth robe!
I had dinner outside by the pool. It had a Arabian nights feel to it with the surrounding cabanas with plush seating, gorgeous wall waterfall, and flaming fiery pit.The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was just to die for!
Nelson at the front desk was extremely helpful to me.We struck up a conversation and I discovered he was from Colombia.I had a trip planned to Columbia for a medical mission trip and Nelson share tons of valuable information with me.He even called his mother to get the name of a couple of shops for me.I will always appreciate to the extent he went to help me.
For outstanding services and personal care that I received, the atmosphere and cleanliness of this hotel in my book it gets a five star!

with my bag

• Stayed: July 2013
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Wow - what a fantastic review! We're so glad you had such an amazing experience....especially having dinner outside by the pool and fire pit - it's such a great space! Nelson is a great asset to the team and we will certainly pass along your kind words and praises.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was here for 4 days on a business trip and overall the hotel is great. The rooms are very beautiful and clean. The staff is friendly and the room service works very well. You also have to try the french toast and fresh fruit for breakfast (yumm, yumm!).

However, there is absolutely no shops or restaurants near this hotel, it's awful! Since I was on business I had a car picking me up and dropping me off (thankfully), but the one day I had off and wanted to go for a bit of shopping everything was so far. The closest mall is about 30min away and taxis are pricey in Miami, I ended up renting a car, but that is not really convenient. If you are looking for something with a bit of life close to you, this is not your hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your feedback - we're delighted to hear you really enjoyed the hotel and the food at our Bistro! Regarding the local area - perhaps next time you visit us you will have a chance to visit Mary Brickell Village, which is just a few blocks away and has several shops, bars, and restaurant options. You are able to take the free Brickell trolley directly from the front of the hotel to this area as well.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here before a cruise and loved this hotel. Staff was excellent and extremely helpful. Close to the trolley and close to the cruise terminal. We will stay there again if we go back to Miami.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We hope you had a lovely cruise and that you'll visit us again soon! Thanks so much for your review - we appreciate it!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My Mom and I just needed a one-night stay the night before our cruise out of Miami. This was an excellent choice. The room was great and the staff was very pleasant and responsive. There aren't any restaurants or stores in the area, so the local trolley was a godsend. We took a ride up to Bayside, where we had a great meal and went sightseeing through Downtown Miami.

Before we checked out, there was a billing problem with the room. But once I called my travel company, the Hotel Urbano staff resolved everything within minutes. All in all, it was a great hotel and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

We're so happy you took the time to review your stay with us - we really appreciate your feedback! Glad to hear you had a chance to try out the Brickell Trolley....its a lot of fun, isn't it?! Travel safely and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Booked through "Hotels Tonight" app right off of my cruise.From port to door was 15 $ . Interior is modern chic with full bar and really decent bistro resturant. I originally only booked for one night but after staying that night I booked 2 more. Great staff walked me through the free trolly system and mono rail to light rail system back to Fort Laud airport for less than 20 $.
A+ stay for location and accomodations and staff

• Stayed: December 2013
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay! We're so glad that you found us last minute on Hotel Tonight and loved our little hotel - come back and visit us again soon!