“Great Location”
Review of Hotel Urbano

Hotel Urbano
Ranked #60 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at Hotel Urbano this past week-end for two nights. I was in Miami to attend a wedding at The Miami Seaquarium. My choice of hotel was based on the Tripadvisor. I found the room very comfortable, mattress was comfortable, there was an odor???? "Moldy smell" . I did spray an air fresher which helped. I suggest ??? Plug in room fresher. The shower was very large but the floor was slippery,???? A shower mat to prevent falls or injury.
I enjoyed breakfast in your restaurant, blueberry pancakes. They were delicious. Service was quick. The entire staff was warm and friendly but professional. Juan and Katrrine was extremely helpful in giving me directions to the Dadeland Mall via Metrorail. Jarrell made arrangements with transportation (Saul).....he was always on time and transported me to Grove Isle and the Seaquarium for all my wedding function. I do recommend using Saul for all transportation needs, he charges around the same as a yellow cab , but vehicle is new , SUV clean , roomy and Saul is very professional. Jennifer (Bar) accompanied me to my room to assist with my gown for the wedding...Urbano was in a perfect location . The trolley was very convenient .... Free and comfortable.i used pit to go to Pblix and found many nice restaurants/ cafés located around the downtown area . I also took a walk to the nearby museum...Vizcaya.
You are the "hidden" treasure of Brickell.
I look forward to staying with you in the future next time my travels brings me to the Miami area. Lineve M Lewis Big Canoe Mountains, Jasper Ga

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lineve M L
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we're so glad you had a great experience! Next time you are in Miami we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

You HAVE to stay here!!! The Hotel Urbano staff members were absolutely incredible during our stay!!! We flew in from an International flight early morning, and the front desk members did everything they could to make sure that we were comfortable! The aesthetics of the hotel were absolutely great- original, funky, and most definitely "Miami"... I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2014

We appreciate your fantastic review - and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our room was booked for a Saturday night, post-day cruise stay and our cruise was cancelled. We decided to come anyway, and explore the area. The staff was extremely accommodating about our change in check-in time, and everything else. While they were unable to get us checked in early, they were extremely helpful and efficient when we came back after a short jaunt to Key Biscayne...we were checked in, bags and bodies in our room in no time. This hotel's staff, to a person, is exemplary, in every way.
When it came time to venture out for dinner, the very last thing we wanted to do was get in our car--we'd been up since 2 a.m. Fortunately, the wonderfully helpful valet, (and I truly wish I'd gotten his name), introduced to the free trolley system that stops right in front of the hotel. These are delightful, air-conditioned and comfortable vehicles, and we were whisked away to the nearby restaurant and entertainment district within ten minutes. We had a nice dinner, walked along the waterfront, then to the area north of Brickrell around 8th. Fun and vibrant with a tremendous variety of restaurants, clubs and shopping.
The trolley had us back home to Urbano in no time, where we spent the evening sipping stout, well-poured cocktails by the pool, enjoying a comfy cabana and then the fire pit. This is an oasis of casual but elegant relaxation. Again, the amazing staff was always available and prompt, never intrusive.
The morning revealed a pristinely clean pool area, the restaurant's coffee was excellent--the lovely woman there prepared a sublime coffee tray for two for me, and all I had asked her for was two coffees to take back to our room.
Our room, while not overly-spacious, was well-appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only thing that was a tiny bit inconvenient was that there was no stand or table upon which to set our bag. Not a big deal, just nice to have.
Check-out was a breeze, and --no surprise by then--the staff was utterly amazing.
We will come back to this hotel, without a doubt. It's a gem, and remarkably convenient as well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for the kind review - we hope your cruise was great!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before cruising out of the Port of Miami. I really cannot have enough good to say! The staff is fantastic and attentive, the hotel is just the right size (only 65 rooms I believe) and well appointed. The pool area is wonderful and the restaurant is reasonably priced (their french toast in the morning is to die for). Great boutique hotel that gives you Miami flavour.

Others before have commented that it isn't near anything, but that's really not an issue as a 5 minute trolly rides takes you into the downtown and is easy to navigate. Picks you up every 15 minutes outside of the front doors of the hotel and runs I believe from 6am to 11pm (shorter hours on Sunday). Meanwhile the hotel is located in an area where you wouldn't hesitate to go for a nice walk or run by yourself (I stayed at the Hyatt downtown Miami earlier this year and would not have said the same there).

In summary, I will (and have) recommend this hotel to anyone going to Miami. It is a nice break from the big chain hotels with hundreds of rooms and makes it feel like more of a getaway. I'll definitely stay there for our next cruise out of Miami!

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms add that little bit more of a 'getaway' feel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

What a fantastic review - we appreciate the kind words and are so very happy you enjoyed your visit to Miami and Hotel Urbano! We also love the trolley and think it's a great way to get around downtown MIami! We hop to welcome you back again soon...

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Want to say a big thank you to everyone at Hotel urbano for their warm hospitality and services.

Transportation from the location of the hotel is via the free miami trolley which is located just opposite it.

The rooms are very neat and well kept.

Wifi connection is fast and steady.

Should want to go around, simply ask and your shall find.

Thank you once again from a satisfied customer. Looking forward to patronising the hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Oluwaseun L
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We love to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay so much! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Definitely need a rental car if staying here. Located right by causeway to key biscayne, which was convenient. Hotel parking is extremely expensive and valet only, but you can pretty easily find parking on the streets surrounding the hotel and save a lot of money (we did this for all 3 nights and it was the weekend too.) Room was ok but smelled funny/musty, then realized there were wet spots in the carpet from who knows what (hopefully just water) and they remained the whole time. We thought maybe due to a leak from some pipes? Also, the shower door opens inward and the shower faucet/head is directly behind the glass door, so it is literally impossible to turn on the shower without stepping in and shutting the door closed--- meaning you will be blasted with ice water before you are able to open the door and jump back out while it heats up! It was horrible! Front desk service was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Cocochanel84

We appreciate your comments and the time it takes to make a review - thank you. We're sorry and surprised to hear about the issues you had in the room. If you don't mind please sending a note to our General Manager at joe@hotelurbanomiami.com so we can look further into the issues in your room. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here pre Cruise. By far the best hotel we have stayed at. The staff, each and every one of them were very attentive. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were so clean and comfy. The pool area well kept and clean. The staff always checking by the pool area if you needed anything. Made sure you had towels. . . . The food was delicious. If I were to come back to Miami this is where I would stay. It was right on the free trolley line as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we appreciate very much your comments! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel so much and hope you'll be back to stay again soon!