“Very Comfortable Stay”

Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport
Ranked #31 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here with my family while visiting friends in the area, and we were very impressed. The 'campus' is a nice setup, as there are 2 other Marriott hotels on the same property, so you have easy access to the other restaurants, sports bar, pool, etc. The hotel was very clean, and the suite spacious and nicely decorated.

The staff were very friendly, one even going so far as to ask my 2 yr old's favorite cartoon character (Curious George, natch) and then printing off some coloring pages for him.

The included breakfast was nice, but don't sleep on it as they start shutting down right at the 9:30AM cutoff.

The only minor issue we had with the property was that it was a bit of a pain to get to when exiting Hwy 836. It's kind of tricky to get over on Le Jeune when there is a lot of traffic. Can't be helped, just takes an extra left turn or two.

Overall, excellent stay, exceeded expectations, and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear adampax,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us while you were visiting friends in the area. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the Campus feeling and accessed the other restaurants during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and two-year-old traveled to Miami to meet me for a long weekend after a business trip during which I stayed downtown. Ideally we wanted to stay downtown to be close to restaurants, but after looking at prices and rooms, we decided on the Residence Inn Airport, at which we booked a one-bedroom suite for $139/night. I am so glad that we went with this option.

The room couldn't have been more ideal. There was a full kitchen with a full fridge, stove, oven, coffeemaker and microwave, plus plates and silverware. There was a small two-person table and chairs, a sitting area with couch, chair and TV. This area completely closed off from the bathroom, which had a large closet and separate shower/toilet area, and in the back was a bedroom with another TV. All three of the areas closed off from one another with doors. We were able to put our son to bed in his crib in the front room (the blackout blinds really worked, even during the day), and we could be in the bedroom or bathroom without bothering him. We've found this is always a tricky arrangement in hotel rooms but in the Residence Inn it worked perfectly. The bed was very firm for a hotel bed but we had no problems with it. We were on the top floor (6th) in the corner, and had no problems with noise either from neighbors or outside. The free Wi-Fi was much appreciated as well.

The breakfast was perfect, although it closed a little early for my taste. There were a lot of people trying to get in after 9:30am when it closed. It was nothing fancy but did have three hot options plus a waffle station, fruit and breads, cereal, etc. If you wanted, you could go to one of the two other hotels on the "Marriott campus" for a nicer breakfast.

The Residence Inn didn't have any options for lunch or dinner, but the other two hotels did, and we had two meals at the Champions sports bar in the Courtyard, which we were able to charge back to our room in the other hotel. There was also a Cuban restaurant just outside the gate as well as a gas station where we bought some snacks and drinks. We brought take-out into our room one night, which was comfortable because we had the table and chairs, and we stored the leftovers in the fridge and ate them the next night.

The staff throughout the three hotels were very friendly and stopped to chat with my son, which he loved.

We rented a car, which is pretty much a must in Miami in general, so we had no problems getting around, but I can see how you would be a little stuck without a car because there is not much in the near vicinity. The airport is literally across the street and getting on the 836 to I-95 is a breeze.

We will definitely stay here next time we are in Miami on a family trip. Just the room configuration alone for the price made it well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gemdomer

Dear Gemdomer,

Thank you for writing such a detailed account of your stay with us. I am so happy to see that you were able to use all the facilities within the Campus and that the one bedroom suite worked out perfectly for your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit with your family.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights before a cruise. The location was central to lots of sights in Miami. The rooms were clean. We stayed on the 6 floor so we had no issues with noise at all. The breakfast was very nice. They had a large selection. What we really liked about this hotel was the outstanding staff. The front desk staff was super friendly and more than willing to help us with directions and restaurant recommendations. There is a great Cuban place just 2 blocks down from the hotel. The cleaning staff were also very professional. I would stay here again. The manager should really commend all his staff on the great customer service they gave us.

Room Tip: 6 floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear dolores193,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us prior to your cruise. I am delighted to know that you found our rooms clean and felt our staff was outstanding. I will be very pleased to share your comments with my entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

we stayed one night pre-cruise. Shuttle from the airport was fast but note that it's chaotic at MIA without any designated waiting location and many many shuttles. Need to keep an eye out to wave it down. Despite being close to the airport the room was very quite.

One bedroom was nicely decorated and bed was comfortable. However sofa bed was not made up for the 3rd person and without extra sheets in the closet. We had to call to get sheets. Sofa bed was uncomfortable, my sister ended up just sleeping on the sofa instead. There was no tea kettle and no shower cape (not available at front desk either), I think Residence inn can do better.

There is not a lot dining choice around with a car so next time we may stay near down instead. We took a taxi to Miami Port ($25) instead of shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wen_c82
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear wen_c82,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you found our rooms to be very quiet.
As you mentioned there is the option of taking a taxi to the Port of Miami as well as a shuttle.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We checked in after a very long train ride from GA. The wait for check in was not very long, but could have been a little quicker. When I made the reservations I requested a room on a higher floor and they made sure that I got it a made reference to it at check - in. The higher floor was quite - the only time I heard noise is if the door was open. The staff was nice and the there are three different Marriott hotels that create the complex so we had access to the restaurants for the standard Marriott (Conference Center location), there is also a Courtyard by Marriott that we could walk to. I thought that was cool. The parking was convenient, it just got charged to the room. We were not given the key coded with parking on the first night, but they corrected it the second day. The suite was very clean and inviting, I looked hard and could not find anything wrong. The hot breakfast put the icing on the cake for us, my only issue is that there is not a restaurant in the Residence Inn but it was a very short walk across the walkway to the Marriott - conference center. The only thing that I was unable to locate in my room was a directory for the hotel amenities. So with that being the only complaint, I would definitely go again, I wished the quality of Marriott was available everywhere we visit.

Room Tip: Higher floor had little noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

What a wonderful and extremely delightful experience. I could tell as soon as I called for a reservation. My company was holding a Training Session at the Residence Inn.

Natalia answered ny call, took my reservation and assured me that everything has been taken care of. She even told me hoe to find the free shuttle. Upon landing and retrieving my baggage I followed her flawless instructions. She was even at the check in desk and remembered our conversation. I met all of the staff and they treated me like royalty. This was the best training experience I have had!

I definitely recommend this Residence Inn. They really care about their guests and are always willing to assist you. I salute you! These employees are the best hotel staff I have ever met. I will be back!

Room Tip: No tip is necessary. All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ALBERT C
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Albert C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that Nathalia answered your call and gave you flawless instructions to get to the hotel and enjoy your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a two-flight, eleven hour, 4,000 miles plus journey, all we wanted to do was to get to our room and get to sleep. We were checked in very quickly and efficiently at 10.00pm and, instead of a plain "room" we were given a suite (#3322). Absolutely excellent facilities and our short, overnight stay could not be faulted in any way. We will, without any hesitation whatsoever, stay at the Marriott Residence Inn again if we ever return to Miami.

Room Tip: Room/suite 3322 is absolutely excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel G

Dear Br1ght0n,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your short, but sweet stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed room 3322, which is a Two-Bedroom allergy friendly suite.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.