“Modern Fancy Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Modern Fancy Hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed last week for 2 nights top high floor, beautiful view of the city... A few things I recommend: currently they are three properties on site from the Marriott with two restaurants on site- it would be nice if they can have a menu on each room vs a single copy at the front desk. Also please provide a map or explain to your guest the room order, my room was #3608 on the 6th FLOOR!! No one bother to let us know our room was on the last floor and here I was w/all my lodge going crazy looking for our rm on the 3rd floor. They should handout a map to guest,specially when their are all mixed up! Other then that it was a good stay, breakfast was good. The room it self (bed was awesome) was great. Which they did charge so high for the parking, but it has security so I guess is ok! Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed June 2014
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Babycom,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you found our beds to be awesome!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Alex Caceres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had family and stay was very comfortable and breakfast was excellent supplement. I stayed one night at this hotel in the first week went straight 5/2014. Free car pickup from the airport shuttle very punctual. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear scott r,

Thank you for your comment about your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Alex Caceres
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After missing a connecting flight on our way home from vacation my husband chose to stay at this hotel for the one night we were in town. From the moment I called to verify availability, Laura at the front desk was more than helpful. When we checked in about 15 minutes later and requested a store to go buy some essentials we were not planning on needing, Laura quickly let us know where to go, confirmed how late the store was open, and got us a cab while we dropped our luggage in the room. Unfortunately, I experienced an emergency that evening that required me to be taken to the hospital via ambulance. There was a change in front desk staff during that time but it did not change how helpful the staff was. Gene at the front desk assisted my husband in getting the ambulance to the hotel and directed them to the room when they got there. The security person (I can not remember his name) assured my husband that everything would be OK if we did not return by checkout time. During a very stressful and scary time it was very reassuring to have such helpful staff ready and willing to help. I huge thank you to everyone that helped out!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear akrawec

Thank you for writing a review about my staff at the hotel. I am delighted that everyone that you encountered was able to provide help and reassurance during a difficult and stressful time for you and your husband.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel under less stressful circumstances and be able to enjoy your time with us.

Kind regards,
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Realizing that we wouldn't be arriving in Miami until after midnight, I booked a room at this hotel because it is so close to the airport. We were shocked at how easily and quickly we were able to find this hotel, and check-in was a breeze. The suite was very spacious, and afforded us plenty of room to get a little work done the next morning before checkout. This place was a perfect fit for us.

I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Larrinaga,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us with your family. I am so happy that you found our hotel quickly and that check in was a breeze, even after midnight!

I am delighted to know that it was a perfect fit for your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Miami.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I choose it because I always use the Miami Airport Marriot on my business trip but this time with family we needed something to accomodate all of us in the same room and comfortably. We got the two bedroom suite and it was just what we expected. It has plenty of room to manage your luggaje for four and shopping trips stuff. Parking was easy and breakfast could have been a bit more sophisticated but was fine for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room next to the exit door on the first floor as theay are noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Fernando R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us with your family. I am delighted that the two bedroom suite was perfect for 4 people with luggage and shopping.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Miami.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here with my family while visiting friends in the area, and we were very impressed. The 'campus' is a nice setup, as there are 2 other Marriott hotels on the same property, so you have easy access to the other restaurants, sports bar, pool, etc. The hotel was very clean, and the suite spacious and nicely decorated.

The staff were very friendly, one even going so far as to ask my 2 yr old's favorite cartoon character (Curious George, natch) and then printing off some coloring pages for him.

The included breakfast was nice, but don't sleep on it as they start shutting down right at the 9:30AM cutoff.

The only minor issue we had with the property was that it was a bit of a pain to get to when exiting Hwy 836. It's kind of tricky to get over on Le Jeune when there is a lot of traffic. Can't be helped, just takes an extra left turn or two.

Overall, excellent stay, exceeded expectations, and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear adampax,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us while you were visiting friends in the area. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the Campus feeling and accessed the other restaurants during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and two-year-old traveled to Miami to meet me for a long weekend after a business trip during which I stayed downtown. Ideally we wanted to stay downtown to be close to restaurants, but after looking at prices and rooms, we decided on the Residence Inn Airport, at which we booked a one-bedroom suite for $139/night. I am so glad that we went with this option.

The room couldn't have been more ideal. There was a full kitchen with a full fridge, stove, oven, coffeemaker and microwave, plus plates and silverware. There was a small two-person table and chairs, a sitting area with couch, chair and TV. This area completely closed off from the bathroom, which had a large closet and separate shower/toilet area, and in the back was a bedroom with another TV. All three of the areas closed off from one another with doors. We were able to put our son to bed in his crib in the front room (the blackout blinds really worked, even during the day), and we could be in the bedroom or bathroom without bothering him. We've found this is always a tricky arrangement in hotel rooms but in the Residence Inn it worked perfectly. The bed was very firm for a hotel bed but we had no problems with it. We were on the top floor (6th) in the corner, and had no problems with noise either from neighbors or outside. The free Wi-Fi was much appreciated as well.

The breakfast was perfect, although it closed a little early for my taste. There were a lot of people trying to get in after 9:30am when it closed. It was nothing fancy but did have three hot options plus a waffle station, fruit and breads, cereal, etc. If you wanted, you could go to one of the two other hotels on the "Marriott campus" for a nicer breakfast.

The Residence Inn didn't have any options for lunch or dinner, but the other two hotels did, and we had two meals at the Champions sports bar in the Courtyard, which we were able to charge back to our room in the other hotel. There was also a Cuban restaurant just outside the gate as well as a gas station where we bought some snacks and drinks. We brought take-out into our room one night, which was comfortable because we had the table and chairs, and we stored the leftovers in the fridge and ate them the next night.

The staff throughout the three hotels were very friendly and stopped to chat with my son, which he loved.

We rented a car, which is pretty much a must in Miami in general, so we had no problems getting around, but I can see how you would be a little stuck without a car because there is not much in the near vicinity. The airport is literally across the street and getting on the 836 to I-95 is a breeze.

We will definitely stay here next time we are in Miami on a family trip. Just the room configuration alone for the price made it well worth it.

1 Thank gemdomer
Dear Gemdomer,

Thank you for writing such a detailed account of your stay with us. I am so happy to see that you were able to use all the facilities within the Campus and that the one bedroom suite worked out perfectly for your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit with your family.