“My amazing stay!”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #69 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center was nothing short of amazing. The staff was very helpful, it was close to my families home, and better yet was close to the stadium where we saw the Marlins/Cubs game which the hotel provided transportation to and from. The rooms were clean which I am very picky about and the restaurant in the hotel served great food. I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Olivia E
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Miami. I appreciate your comments and am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you on a return visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

this hotel is convenient to the vast u. of miami medical complex, the new miami marlin baseball stadium, and the airport. but it's on a fairly seedy street in an unattractive part of town. prices are very high relative to quality, although the rooms look like they have been renovated recently and are reasonably-sized. there's an outdoor patio for smokers where cigarette butts were littered all around, obviously hadn't been picked up for a long time. i was torn between a rating of two and three ... two and a half seems most appropriate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel is so close to the NEW Marlin's stadium, and they offer shuttle service to and from. What an amazing experience. The only place to stay for a Florida Marlin's game!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was so quite that, because I forgot to set my phone///we overslept the next mo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center hotel. One of the closest hotels to the new Marlins Stadium. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is exceptionally clean. It is bright and chic. The front desk attendant was polite and friendly even at 1 am. The rooms were spacious, the beds and pillows were comfy. The morning buffet was a bit hectic and busy, but food choices were good and plentiful. Our flight arrived too late to take advantage of the airport shuttle; we opted to take a taxi to the cruiseport instead of their shuttle; faster and less hassle than waiting for hoards of unseasoned travellers. We walked to the grocery store to stock up on our cruise wine :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I was delighted to read your comments regarding your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here for one night and had a room with two double beds. First of all, this isnt a great part of town. Secondly, the building layout is bizarre. You have to go down one elevator to get to the lobby and then carry your luggage across the lobby to another elevator to go up to the rooms. By the way, we looked for a luggage rack and couldn't find one.

We got to our room and that's where the real disappointment set in. The room layout is terrible. There is absolutely no bathroom privacy. the sliding door on the toilet room does not lock nor does it even shut all the way. Everybody else in your room can hear everything you're doing in there. The shower is in a separate room from the toilet and it also does not lock. The sliding door is a frosted glass and people can see your outline.

I was so disappointed in the room that for the first time in my life I went to the lobby to complain. I feel like I was met with blank stares and unsympathetic staff. I also learned that all of the rooms are laid out like this, so if you're sharing a room and expect privacy I recommend that you find another hotel.

There are a few other things I could nitpick, but I realize its a budget hotel and I don't expect muchh.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

I am very sorry you were disappointed with your accommodations during your stay with regard to the layout and design of the hotel room. I will be sharing your feedback with our associates regarding your comments on how you felt the situation was handled when you expressed your concerns and requested a room change. I would be interested in hearing any additional comments regarding your stay. When you have time; please contact me at 305-575-5300. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Clean, friendly hotel in the middle of little Havana. Close to new Marlins park. Good size room for families. Only drawback is that it is right next to the highway. Very loud.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank mmfred

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The good is the functionality of the rooms. Springhill Suites have the best room layouts, and find a nice balance between just a room and an extended stay like Residence Inn.

The bad is that this particular one was noticeably worn - needs a renovation. Also, the parking charge and the fact that they charged me to get back in after two days in the hotel was annoying.

Bottom Line: This hotel is a metaphor for Miami itself - if not high end don't bother. There are a lot of good Marriott choices in Miami to go to instead.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple