“Service terrible”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #69 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I will not stay here again unprofessional. Service was terrible they had security to come up and help with the ac and he was dumb as rocks call they don't answer and caught house keeping come out are room when we got to where we was going are camera was gone

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Sassydoll1064
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport East/ Medical Center. Service is our top priority and I will share this with the team.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here twice before and after a cruise. The property was very well kept and the breakfast was great. Janet, Meyrin, and Paola at the front desk gave us great customer service. A few cons were the uncertainty of amenity rates and one GSAs poor customer service. During my preparation for my arrival I called the property multiple times to make sure everything was set before I got there. I inquired about shuttle service to the port of Miami. First, I was told that it was $6, then I was told it was $8, and then I was told that the property didn't offer shuttle service to the port. It was $8 to the port but they did not offer that same shuttle service from the port back to the hotel. I was not informed of this!! Also, I called to make sure my credit card authorization went through after faxing it twice and emailing it once. They said they never received a fax but my fax machine said it went through both times. These faxes had PII on them! Before I was able to even state my request over the phone one of the GSAs, Ronald, transferred me to marriot central reservations. You are not supposed to transfer people without there consent and knowing what they need first. When I called back he still preceded to talk over me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KCB1002
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Will share this with the team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were in Miami for an appointment at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We did not have a clock in our room so had to depend on our cell phones. There was no towel bar for the sink in the toilet area. We used the door handle. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the various offices in the medical center. The free breakfast was okay, but not the volume of choices we have found in other hotels. Even though the area surrounding the hotel was questionable, we felt safe. Be prepared for a daily fee for the parking garage. The hotel restaurant offered limited choices of appetizers, soup, salad, pizza and sandwiches. There was a kids menu and there is also a bar within the restaurant. Pricing for meals was reasonable (hamburger & fries $11.95). Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. The Magic City Casino is less than 8 miles away. Even though this hotel is close to the airport, we did not hear any noise. We would definitely stay at this property again if we had an appointment at the medical center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from both the elevator and main highway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingRetirees43
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I'll certianly have those couple things you mentioned addressed and taken care of, we look forward to your return

Tom

Reviewed 17 April 2014

HOWEVER the neighbor hood is SKETCHY-do not walk in the evening. Park inside there garage (13-15$$). Hotel is CLOSE to UM Sylvester, Jackson Memorial, Doctors offices and the VA medical center. They have shuttle (did not use) The front desk staff was UBER FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. The restaurant was limited but the food was good. Service was good. I did not do breakfast next morning but wife said it was good (standard breakfast with room).
THE ROOM IMPRESSED ME. Well thought out use of space!!!! foyer had shelf's with small micro wave, coffee pot and refrigerator. sitting and work area had nice desk area, outlets for electronics, good light, sitting area with couch and chas'e. Separated by a frosted glass and wood partition. King bed was comfortable, the headboard had small reading lights built in, the room was clean. The usually ugly room AC unit was covered with a slatted wood bench that doubled as a luggage rack. The bath was in two parts with the WC and small sink behind one
wood and glass sliding pocket door and the walk in shower with large sink, larger backlit mirror. I usually use residents Inns but I might make a change. Like the attention to detail in the room design. Someone actually thought about the guest and not just how cheaply they could run a hotel. Oh yes the big flat screen TV easily visible from sitting area or bed. ECXELLENT tv reception.
oh just one thing-one of the maids ask the wife if we were checking out-odd when check out is noon-and it was only 8:30am off putting.
I rated the interior hotel-- sadly the neighbor is not good. We were there for a medical appointment and dd not use the pool or the shuttle.

Room Tip: My excellent for location is because of proximity to the huge medical plaza. Not the area. It would...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank J P

Thank you - come back and see us soon

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to st kitts. The staff was great and the food was good too.

To those who complain about the shuttle and location, learn how to use google maps or open your wallet and take a cab. If you can complain on trip advisor then you should also know it tells you whats around the hotel. Its a free hotel shuttle, they are not going to put 2 vans at the airport waiting for you.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Todd S

Thanks !!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We randomly picked this hotel with Marriott rewards points - everything else seemed to be booked. We found out why when we got there - it was the weekend of the Ultra Music Festival (aka music-that-makes-me-want-to-claw-my-eyes-out, but hey other people like it so whatever works). There is a free airport-hotel shuttle, and a low cost shuttle to the port. There is a Starbucks, a restaurant with good food, and a free hot breakfast. Most importantly, the staff was so NICE and always remembered you and just overall very amenable and easy-going and friendly. The owner was out and about and a hoot. They were extremely accommodating to the UMF party crowd and even had a free shuttle for them to the event. The pool was certainly not the most attractive pool area in Miami but we made our own party there. Everything was very clean and nice, the rooms are nicely updated, and it was just a fun stay. It seems kind of out of the way, but I don't know Miami well - and they always called a cab for us when we asked. I will definitely stay here in future visits to Miami.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SanBeaches

Thanks !!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights pre-cruise. Room was fantastic. Restaurant & breakfast were also very good. HOWEVER, the shuttle service is terrible! We waited over 40 minutes at airport twice and 30 minutes at the hotel. No restaurants in the area and it was difficult to get a taxi. If you do not have a car, don't stay here.

Room Tip: The room with 2 queen beds was huge! Great for 4 people.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Doreen F
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I will follow up with the shuttle/ van drivers. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.