Called and checked before arrival about shuttle from airport. Was told call when arrive at airport after retrieving luggage and it will be about 15 minute wait. We'll got in late Friday night called after retrieving luggage waited over an hour called back 5 times and was told the shuttle was on way twice and at airport three times before it actually arrived to where my hubby, son and I waited. Finally after an hour and a half the shuttle showed up. No apology from driver just drove while trying to make small take about Miami. Found out that the hotel offered shuttle every half hour to cruise terminal for $8.00 per person. Then I call a taxi and found out that would be around $15.00 so we choose the cheaper choice and not the shuttle. By the way the taxi costed 11.75 metered. Arrived at hotel the room was decent, liked the fact that the toilet was separated room from the shower and room was large with lots of storage space. Because we got in so late all we could do was go to sleep and we where happy too after standing for so long.
After our cruise I did not call the hotel for shuttle instead took a taxi and returned for early check in. A room was available facing the highway on high floor but that didn't matter to us as we where happy to have a room. Hubby decided that because our flight was not leaving until the next day until 7 pm we should just rent a car to see some of the city. It cost $15.00 for parking a night in a secure parking lot. The down side to that was it is cramp and many blind spots. The hotel was willing to keep our luggage for free while we went on our tour the next day however because we rented the car from the airport we just easier to keep it in the trunk of car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center hotel in midtown Miami is minutes from the Adrienne Arsht Center, American Airlines Arena, Miami Marlins Park, Port of Miami and the University of Miami and Jackson Health Systems. Start each morning with complimentary breakfast and unwind each evening in contemporary suites, 25% larger than comparably priced rooms at other hotels near Jackson Memorial Hospital. Enjoy additional amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi and in-suite kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. Maintain your workout routine in the on-site fitness center and take a refreshing swim in the outdoor pool featured at our Miami Airport hotel. Traveling for work? Take advantage of complimentary business services, including free printing and faxing, and host meetings and other events in 1,260 sq. ft. of total space. Whether staying for business or leisure, the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center hotel is ideal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Hotel Miami
- SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center Florida