“Not my cup of tea”

Ranked #7 of 20 Miami B&B and Inns
Elmira, NY
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We chose the Miami Princess hotel based on loca- tion and price (one night stay before catching a filight). They do have a free airport shuttle. At $150 a night, the price was much less than anyof the airport area hotels - and now we know why it is so cheap

Room was terribly uninspired and even had a bit of an echo; the bed was the absolutely worst hotel bed I have slept on (sort of slept on). There was a coffee pot in the lobby in the morning and you could buy beer by the bottle from the desk.

They do have some very interesting suites that might appeal to a certain clientele, but we are a married couple on a trip - not interested in a romantic episode - the room we had wasn't that condusive to a romantic stay.shuttle drivers were pleasant and easy to dea with.

Maybe we had the worst room in the place - we did get in late due to delayed flight but on our experience I can't recommend Miami Princess Hotel.

Desk clerks and

Room Tip: For a good room, try another hotel since there are many in the area
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RayMargeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cartagena, Colombia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I came here for vacation with my friend Maria and hotel was simply bad. The room was bad and not worth the money I payed. The bed had car stereos attached and it was really cheap. I've stayed in better places in Chile. The staff wasn't overly friendly either.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Raul_Colombia
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Always stay at Miami Princess before going to MIA Airport to take a flight, hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent, have free wi-fi and free shuttle to the airport, the price is okay if you want to stay less than a day, a 3 hour period.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gabrielfeb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel is a great value. I have stayed here twice. Once with about 12 friends and another time with my wife. Both visits were really good. The staff was helpful and even gave us two twin size beds for all three rooms. Free parking and proximity to the airport are great. However, some rooms smell like cigarette and they do not offer breakfast or cofee, but good otherwise. Also, a shuttle bus to the airport would be great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elloko
vaglio basilicata
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Coming from Lima to Miami last night, 1 March 2012, I didn't have hotel reservation.
On arrival I discovered that most of the hotels around the airport were fully booked.
A shuttle bus driver has offered me to go at Miami Prince Hotel.
Unfortunately without any alternative I had to stay there.
The guy at the reception was very rude! As you enter the lobby you may understand that the level of cleaning in the hotel is very low. And this was confirmed once in the room.
Where there is no way to control the aircon which is always keeping running. The walls are dirty.
You don't feel confortable even in the bed where to feel more clean I have used the towels!!!
But to better explain the level of this hotel, please see the attached certificate in the elevator: expired in 2010!!!
And all the above for 95.0US$ when the value of this stay would not be more than 30.0US$!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank nummelus
Woodridge, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

We had a layover between flights to Jamaica from Chicago and had to stay the night in Miami. It had snowed in Chicago so we were delayed and finally made in to Miami be 2 am. We got our luggage and hailed a cab. The cabbie was cool and stopped at a Burger King for us before taking us to the Miami Pricess hotel. It is pretty much a layover motel that locals use for partying (as liquor is sold at the check in desk). The guy who checked us in was the the friendliest guy ever but whatever. The room was in decent condition, but my main complaint was the bed. It was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in and made my back feel that much worse (after sitting in an airplane seat, being grounded for an extra two hours in Chicago, I had spent 4 hours in an airplane seat). It was much like sleeping on the ground and was only able to get four hours of sleep before having to get back on a plane bound for glorious JA. The best thing about this place is that they have a free shuttle to the airport running every fifteen minutes or so. Needless to say, we didn't miss our flight. So in that respect, this hotel fares well. It was $80 a night so I guess in Miami you'd say that is acceptable, yeh?

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends