“Great value hotel in Miami”

New Yorker Boutique Hotel
Ranked #81 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Paphos, Cyprus
“Great value hotel in Miami”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on our honeymoon, 2 nights in a queen room and 1 night in the honeymoon suite and were overall impressed with the hotel as it offered good value for money. It is in a great area in the MiMo district on Biscayne Boulevard - there are cool retro motels all around, and some great restaurants just a couple of blocks away. I didn't find the noise bad at all and didn't use the earplugs provided. The complimentary breakfast was good, and the outdoor dining area was really charming. Most of the staff at the hotel were really friendly - although there were a couple of night staff who didn't seem to know what they were doing and checking in took absolutely ages, which is a pet hate of mine. Kevin in particular was very helpful and has good local knowledge.

I think this hotel does what it sets out to - it is retro, clean and comfortable (the pillows in particular were really good). However, I did think that a little more could be put into the rooms as they were quite bare. The was only 1 bedside table and no pictures on the walls in the queen room. The honeymoon suite was better but still the bed-side tables and lamps didn't match and the tv stand looked really cheap. I think these things could be updated without losing the feel of the place (in fact, it would enhance it). The bathrooms are really tiny - which cannot be altered, I understand, but it is still worth mentioning as it was a bit of a shock when we first got there.

At the end of our honeymoon we stayed in a hotel on South Beach that was more expensive and completely disgusting. Should I ever visit Miami again, I wouldn't hesitate to book the New Yorker.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed at the New Yorker just last week for only one night. My travel plans had been interrupted by a family emergency, and the staff there made me feel like I was surrounded by people who cared. I would never have been treated this way in a "name brand" facility. The retro-inspired accommodations will make you smile, and the grounds are exceptionally well-kept. Bonus - the shuttle service is far more economical for than taxi, and terrific restaurants are within walking distance. When I go to Miami, I'll be a "New Yorker" again!

Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We stayed here one night to break up our 20 hour flight from Uruguay to Fairbanks, Alaska. They were having computer problems and there was a delay with our airport pick-up. We called when we landed, but still ended up waiting about an hour for the shuttle. The manager and front desk staff made up for it as soon as we arrived at the hotel. They got us a room immediately even though it was 6 am. The room was very clean and quiet. I wanted to stay within walking distance to Michy's, a very good restaurant nearby and this place suited my needs perfectly. A taxi driver told us the neighborhood was not great, but I did not feel uncomfortable at all walking about 4 blocks to the restaurant. My advice, if you are traveling as a couple, take a cab from the airport, it's about the same price and you don't have to wait for the shuttle to arrive.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We arrived on a Friday evening for the purpose of my boyfriend's birthday-was taking him to the Heat game on Sunday and made a weekend out of it. The parking was an issue as the place was totally booked, but we managed to find a space. The room was very nice and clean.. was definitely on the smaller side, but it had a nice tv, refrigerator and the decor was a nice change from the normal chain hotels. The price was great and the location, while not on the beach, was certainly convenient to where we wanted to go. Breakfast was served out in the courtyard and we were always greeted by cheerful staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tjandpaytonmom
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Stayed for 5 days during high season.Chose it for value for money.Was not disappointed.
They provide free wifi, local phone calls and $10 airport shuttle one way, in addition to very reasonable room rates.
My rooms was very comfortable with TV, air conditioning, fridge, en-suite bathroom and daily room cleaning service.
Recently revamped, the hotel is part of the new MiMO commercial corridor success stories.
It is really a motel off Biscayne blvd and is 15 mins or less drive from from Miami International airport, South beach and downtown.
The area it is sited in is developing with some very good restaurants- Michys comes recommended.
Whilst the local bus stop is 1minute walk away, I would recommend you hire a car and free parking is onsite.
The manager,Walter, and his staff, were exemplary and very attentive to their guests.
For me,this is the main reason I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank vprak
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Overall a very pleasant experience. The room was dated and fairly plain, but comfortable and certainly a great value when compared to prices being sought by South Beach accomodations. Lights, ceiling fan, plumbing, and air conditioning were all functioning fine. Road noise, noted by other reviewers in the past, was not an issue for us, even though we were in a room that faced the highway (and our hearing is fine). The staff and managers were very friendly and eager to please. They pointed us to a great Cuban restaurant a ways up the road and made it a point to check in on us to make sure the room was OK shortly after we registered. Legion Park is right across the street, sited on the west shore of Biscayne Bay. Highly recommended as a value option.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WYbirdwatcher
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 28 February 2011

very helpful staff, perfectly clean room,excellent bed. photos are accurate. I felt good in this hotel. i was satisfied. thank you

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo