“I will stay here again.”

New Yorker Boutique Hotel
Ranked #81 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Macon, Georgia
“I will stay here again.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This a true 60's boutique hotel. We visit Miami often and will definitely stay again. The rooms though quaint were neat and clean. The staff was friendly and pleasant. Thumbs up! The free parking and free wifi make this a very smart stay. There are coffee shops and restaurants in walking distance and just a short ride to South Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brenda W
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for your kind review, We are a lovely hotel and we provide excellent service.
We strive to become Miami number one choice hotel. We are happy to hear you had a memorable stay with us.

We certainly look forward to your next visit
Walter&Shirley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I, my mother, my best friend & my son all stayed here from July 23rd until July 30th as a birthday vacation for my best friend & I. We all loved the place & the staff who work there. The staff was always there to help when needed & were very friendly. They even made sure we got a room on the ground floor for my handicapped mother. We stayed in a deluxe room which we enjoyed very much. It was not too small, none of us felt cramped, was clean & everything worked as it should. I enjoyed my free fresh bagels, cereal & orange juice every morning, then the free coffee always available further into the night when I needed a pick-me-up. The area is not bad, either. I think some of the reviews complaining about the area were posted by people who've never seen people that are not white lol. I never ran into anyone with a bad vibe around there. I even walked around some alone at night, was never harassed by a stranger, only told 'God bless you.' while walking by.
It's in a great location if you want to be near driving distance to everything but not right in the middle of it all. I personally do not like the idea of being in the middle of South Beach. I like to be able to actually get around & park, also being able to sleep well at night is a plus..Whereas in South Beach it is non-stop too crowded & noisy all the time.
Oh & also, I have sleeping issues but had NONE whatsoever in this place. The beds were SO comfortable! I slept great every night & had some of the most vivid, awesome dreams of my whole life.
The pool was very clean, especially the deck area around it. The landscape was beautiful. I love how the whole place had flowers & plants everywhere, growing naturally & in pots. Hanging out in the breakfast area watching colorful lizards climb around the plants was a nice experience.
This place had great energy all around & I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great vacation spot in Miami.
Thank you, New Yorker Hotel, for helping me & my friend & family have the best week ever!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank lapinnacht
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
We are happy to hear you had a memorable stay at our hotel and certainly look forward to your next visit.
We are a beautiful hotel well established and well kept.
We have a great staff with great knowledge of our property and its surrounding area. Our staff are friendly and go above and beyond for our guest they make the New Yorker Hotel their home away from home.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The pictures on the hotel's web page are not correct!! Our room was filthy!! Really dirty,the bathroom was awful and the water had no pressure and we had to shower with cold water. I do not recommend it at all.

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank Earlybirdies
We apologize for any inconvenience you may or may not experienced at the New Yorker Hotel.
We are a three star well established hotel property and have been rated a four star from our guest . We were not aware of an issue with our hot water our hotel provides both hot and cold water.

Walter&Shirley

Travellers are raving about these Miami hotels

Amsterdam
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My girlfriend left for the summer to travel through the USA. As a surprise I thought of sending here a bottle of Champagne when she arrived. After a few emails with Alex, telling him when she left the property he brought the bottle to the room and added a note I personally wrote to the bottle. When I asked how much it will costs me, he told me it was complimentary!

The service is amazing, and when I will travel to Miami, I will know where to stay! Alex, thanks again you really helped me surprise her, and with the great service you also surprised me!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gerben B
We are happy to hear you were pleased with the comfort and quality during your stay at the New Yorker hotel.
Our staff are great, we are fortunate to have such a great team on board with us. And our guest are great also.

Sanford, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed one night for my business trip. And everything was great. It's a motel with great service, lots of friendly smiles! Continental breakfast was nice. My room was cute with Art Deco old New York style...parking is confusing but still a great little place to stay. Cafe Latina 2000 is around 10min drive worth it if you want real Cuban food. Alex and Gerry were awesome. Would stay again!

Room Tip: On Saturday mornings there is an Organic farmers market where you can buy Fig bread, Argentinian emp...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Naomitravel
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for choosing our New Yorker Hotel for your choice stay during your holiday.
Our staff are wonderful and have great knowledge on where to go and places to visit during your stay in Miami.

Looking forward to your future stay.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel the past two nights in Miami. I was in town for the Brewer game and needed a place to stay that wasn't too expensive. Overall I don't have many complaints. As a heads up for any future guests, watch out for the corners of the bed. They are kinda sharp. My boyfriend and I both walked into the corners and cut our legs. I stayed in a king room, and there was no carpet which grossed me out. The bathroom is really outdated and could use some serious renovations. The toilet made a weird noise when flushed and the shower was pretty intimidating. The plumbing fixtures NEED to be updated. With the decor in the room, I expected more in the bathroom. The location was decent for my stay, just 10 minutes away from Marlins Park and the Bayside Market Place, which is also right across from American Airlines Arena (where the Heat play.) All employees I spoke to were very nice and appreciative of my business. The air conditioning was great and the bed was very comfortable. I had no issue with noise from outside. Parking is very limited, so coming back late isn't a very smart idea if you can avoid it. Overall, I would probably stay here again, mostly because I'm from a small town in Wisconsin and Miami is really intimidating to me and I would appreciate a familiar setting.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jadles_13
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback, We apologize for any inconveience you may have experience during your stay. We are an historic property and we are limited to what we can construct and what we can not and unfortunately we can not make our bathrooms larger due to the city ordiance codes. We are family own and operated have been well establish for over forty years we maintain a beautiful hotel and its surrounding.

Looking forward to your next visit
Sarcelles, France
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I picked this hotel because of the reviews, and I'm glad I did. For the price, it's very affordable. Free breakfast in a cute courtyard, free parking and free wifi, and a fridge in the room was useful. We had a room overlooking the pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We liked the friendly young man working at the breakfast bar. Although the carpet and bathroom floor could use a good scrubbing, the room was otherwise clean. Comfortable beds. Fast check out. Only minor complaints were that you can hear the neighbors through the vents in the bathroom (complimentary earplugs was a thoughtful gesture) and for some reason, the ceiling light, which works with a remote, would turn on by itself randomly while we slept, which was annoying, but we found out why (the light switch near the door must remain in the down position.) There was also one incident where the front desk rang us at 12:30 or 1 am, jolting me out of a sound sleep, to ask if we had a Honda Civic parked outside because one of the windows were open. It wasn't our car, and I know he meant well since it had poured rain every night while we were there, but I would have thought they knew which room had what type of car because this is one of the questions they asked us when we checked in. At any rate, I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again when I'm in Miami.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank willowcat95
Thank you for your kind review, We are happy to hear you were pleased with the comfort and quality of our hotel. Our staff are great they go above and beyond for our guest and are very knodgeable about where to go and their surrounding areas. We apologize for any inconveience you may have had and appericate your feedback. We strive to become Miamis number one choice hotel for travelers.