“Terrible place, save your money!”
Review of Mambo Cafe - CLOSED

Mambo Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Coral Way
Description: This is a 3 month old Cuban restaurant-free parking in the church parking lot next door-it is very stylish with South beach decor but with reasonable prices-my chicken was $11.99-it was overcooked and rubbery, but the atmosphere was great, and it had romantic booths. It is located on a corner in central Miami, in a business area.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is terrible, my food took over an hour and seven minutes to come out, and when it came out, it was cold. I told the waiter, he took it, came back about fifteen minutes later after they microwaved my food. I asked for a Cuba libre drink, and it tasted like they added water and liquor with a lime in a glass. The tables were sticky and the staff got into an argument with each other in front of the customers because neither one of them wanted to pick up the customer's plates and clean the tables. I will definitely NOT come back to thus place nor will i recommend it.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The food was very good. I had a few a la carte items a Papa Relleno (stuffed potato) and Empendadas. Full dinners for husband and business associate that they really enjoyed. Chicken seasoned in Mojo Crillo sauce with vegetables, white rice and black beans, along with yucca. Service was a bit uneven for the restaurant being slow for a Monday evening. Great location overlooking the marina.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Went to dinner here on 4/12, with three family members. My niece and I wanted to have some Cuban food. We sat outside at a table facing the Marina. The food was excellent and our server was great. The server was very attentive and we have nothing but great things to say. I had the Fried Red Snapper for an entrée. It was probably one of the best Fried Snapper dinners I have had. I will eat here again the next time I visit Miami.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We were looking for one spot during our Miami visit to experience a little Cuban food. After our cruise on the marina, we came here (more for convenience than for pre-planning), but was pleasantly surprised at how good our meals were. Our server, Mike, went above and beyond his responsibilities to make a positive experience for my friend and I. Drinks and food were wonderful.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

THE SERVICE:
First, the host wanted to seat us under the stairs, without an umbrella. He gave us a hard time when we asked for a different area. The waiter was less than enthusiatic to see us. He kept asking us to repeat ourselves, in a rude way. He brought out the appetizers before the drinks and without bringing small plates for sharing.
When one of us asked what was in the chicken sandwich, he replied "chicken." (Duh!)
The waiter (no name tag) tried to make it up by calling one of us "beautiful" and placing extra tostones on our appertizer plate (and making sure to take credit for it).
At one point, a waitress came by and just stared at us. Our waiter asked her what she was doing there. They argued in front of us for a few minutes, until he chased her off.
After dropping off the food, he never came back to check on us.
The restaurant has the audacity to add 15% tip to the bill and then calling it "voluntary tip".
THE FOOD:
The food was sub-par. How can fries have no taste....how is this possible? Well Mambo Cafe found a way how to make it so. Don't think we'll be going back.
ANYTHING GOOD? Great place to people watch.