“EXPENSIVE AND BAD SERVICE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mambo Cafe - CLOSED

Mambo Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Coral Way
Description: This is a 3 month old Cuban restaurant-free parking in the church parking lot next door-it is very stylish with South beach decor but with reasonable prices-my chicken was $11.99-it was overcooked and rubbery, but the atmosphere was great, and it had romantic booths. It is located on a corner in central Miami, in a business area.
Orlando, Florida
“EXPENSIVE AND BAD SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Do not bother eating here.

1. Food is poor - cold and taste awful
2. Very Expensive
3. Service is bad and they have the nerve to charge 15% TIP automatically in your bill

EAT SOMEWHERE ELSE

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank I D

Boston, Massachusetts
“Awful food! Expensive and not worth it! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

This cafe is located on the Bayside and offers decent views of the Bay. We were sat down outside on a cool winter day and the wind was really strong. The waiter tried to keep is there saying it was windy everywhere in the restaurant. He failed to mention that they would be lowering the awning in a fee minutes so the people inside would not have to fight the winds. My wife spoke to the manager and we were moved inside.
The food looked okay, but the taste and texture was horrible. The lobster my wife ordered was dry (and we are from New England and know our lobster) and sour tasting. My son tried the Fried Roasted Pork and he could not eat more than two mouthfuls as the meat was tough as leather (I tried this myself to confirm).
I ordered the whole red snapper who looked good and had crispy skin on the outside, but the inside was bland.
When the bill came in, I noticed the 15% gratuity added on voluntarily, with a note asking us to increase or decrease based on the level of service. Now, how does one reduce the gratuity already added on a bill??
In any case, we thought this place was not worth a second thought and left. Too expensive and more importantly, was not worth it, IMHO!

1 Thank drsanjayprabhu
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Terrible and dishonest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Service was awful nd they add a 15% tip automatically to your bill......they say their big beers are 21oz but when I took the souvenir glass home a 12 oz beer almost filled it up.....then after I said zero "additional tip" someone added 20 dollars there because they charged my card by an extra 20 bucks which I am now disputing.....stay far away

• Visited August 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Worst service and food in Bayside Miami”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The place offers average food with horrible service. Wouldn’t recommend the restaurant, as it is not worth even trying. Watch out for the Big Bus meal special, because they will not honour it; I had a really bad experience with the staff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lake Worth, Florida
“Terrible place, save your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is terrible, my food took over an hour and seven minutes to come out, and when it came out, it was cold. I told the waiter, he took it, came back about fifteen minutes later after they microwaved my food. I asked for a Cuba libre drink, and it tasted like they added water and liquor with a lime in a glass. The tables were sticky and the staff got into an argument with each other in front of the customers because neither one of them wanted to pick up the customer's plates and clean the tables. I will definitely NOT come back to thus place nor will i recommend it.

• Visited July 2013