“Watch Out for the "License"”
Review of Sergio's Kendall

Sergio's Kendall
Ranked #398 of 4,324 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was doing business in the Miami area in Kendall. Overall the area is very difficult to find decent places to eat and hang out. Attempted to go to Sergio's, however was greeted by the host and told "if you want to order a drink you have to eat here too due to the license we have."...Wasn't what I was looking for from a meal perspective so decided to leave and am unable to comment on food as a result. What I will say is the environment is family friendly and calm. It is NOT a "hang out" place to sit back and relax after a long work day. I understand the need to communicate effectively re: license etc. but at the end of the day the choice should be mine. I felt judged and really didn't care for the in depth explanation re: drinks/food when I never asked for that. Would NOT go back as a result. No bar, no music, no kick back spots. If you want to just eat based on other reviews it's fine, but if you're looking for a place to have a few and enjoy the scenery I would NOT recommend this spot.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Excellent dinner and the atmosphere is also good but in service they are good but something that I cant describe still not rate them that Good!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The food was very good. Wife's parents who are Cuban, recommended it. Had the chimmy chicken. It was very tasty. Would go back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I had the vaca frita and as always it was delicious. The service was excellent and very friendly.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Every time I visit any of the Sergio's in the Miami area, the food and service all always above par. If you want authentic Cuban food, go to Sergio's.