“Luxury, high standard but downtown location”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #8 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This was our first and probably only visit to Miami, and we stayed for two nights before departing for the Keys.

As a tourist the location in downtown was probably not ideal, but we were aware of this when we booked and as we had a car, were able to travel around the area fairly easily, with the help of the Sat Nav.

The hotel is new, stylishly designed and very comfortable. We were given a room on the concierge floor (husband is member of the rewards program) which meant access to the lounge with for free snacks, drinks and a limited but perfectly fine breakfast.

The rooms are not huge but plenty big enough, floor to ceiling windows add amazing vistas of the bay. The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was a delight to use. I'm always hoping for facilities that are better than at home and this was. Only thing that would have improved the bathroom would be a soft close toilet seat - but obviously this is a very minor point!

The gym was fantastic - full of brand new equipment, it was great to do my usual run, but looking out onto the water. Some of the weight machines seemed barely to have been used.

We didn't eat in the hotel (other than breakfast) but did have a cocktail in the bar, all seemed nice with helpful service.

All in all if I am ever in the area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Bay view is stunning.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 November 2011

This very newhotel is beautiful and well located. The views from the hotel are spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed one night before a cruise and couldn't have been happier. We got upgraded on arrival to a huge 2 bed room with views of the water. I would describe the accommodations as very modern and chic. Had a great meal in the bar/restaurant as well, can't comment too much location wise as we just went for one very short walk before dinner.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I love this place everybody was so helpfull and kind, they view the rooms everything was up tp par if you can afford it then go for it, everything you could want is either there or will be there once you call and the beds is the closest I'll get to heaven.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Upgraded to a suit upon arrival was great! the (3) .. yes 3 room suite with 1-1/2 baths (including Huge shower room) was great! Sports bar in the hotel was excellent! Lobby a bit noisy and stark ... but overall a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This place is fantastic! We stayed here while visiting family in Miami and it couldn't have been nicer. All of the staff goes on and beyond the call of duty to accommodate your needs and the hotel itself is beautiful, with a pool, spa, gym, basketball court etc. on the 19 & 20th floors. We had a room on the 30th floor and access to the Concierge room on the 36th which has panoramic views of Biscayne Bay Key, there we enjoyed breakfast and a super attentive staff. I loved it and would go back in a heartbeat

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis at the end of October. We were very impressed. We had a corner room on, I think the 31st floor, perhaps 3105. We also had access to the Conceirge Level which I belive was on the 36th floor. The room was the size of a small suite with expansive views of the Biscayne Bay Key and City Scapes. It had a 50+ inch flat screen hdtv and a PC in the room. I am in the market for a new office desk and chair, and wish I could get my hands on the ones they offer in this hotel. They were smart, efficient, and beautiful. The bathrooms are over the top, with marble and thick glass, from head to toe and separate shower and bath tub; and with two marble sinks and embeded HDTV in the mirror--just absolutely beautiful. Conceirge level was first class. The nicest (Marriott) conceirge I have seen in some time. there was a vast assortment of foods / beverages available, and it was plentiful (I have been in conceirge rooms where it's a mad dash to get the small amount of food as it's put out...but, not here). The gentleman who managed the conceirge room during my stay was very courteous, and professional. He had the demeanor of a professional butler. I mean this in the most complementary manner. Everything from the neatness of his uniform to the manner in which he interacted with the guests was really first class. I'm sorry I can't remember his name. I must say that there did not seem to be any liquour available, although I would guess it was available upon request. Parking at this hotel is about $35/day. But, the whole affair is really first class all the way. This is a brand new property, and it shows. The hotel has not had much use. Everything feels fresh and new--just as I like it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple