This was our first and probably only visit to Miami, and we stayed for two nights before departing for the Keys.
As a tourist the location in downtown was probably not ideal, but we were aware of this when we booked and as we had a car, were able to travel around the area fairly easily, with the help of the Sat Nav.
The hotel is new, stylishly designed and very comfortable. We were given a room on the concierge floor (husband is member of the rewards program) which meant access to the lounge with for free snacks, drinks and a limited but perfectly fine breakfast.
The rooms are not huge but plenty big enough, floor to ceiling windows add amazing vistas of the bay. The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was a delight to use. I'm always hoping for facilities that are better than at home and this was. Only thing that would have improved the bathroom would be a soft close toilet seat - but obviously this is a very minor point!
The gym was fantastic - full of brand new equipment, it was great to do my usual run, but looking out onto the water. Some of the weight machines seemed barely to have been used.
We didn't eat in the hotel (other than breakfast) but did have a cocktail in the bar, all seemed nice with helpful service.
All in all if I am ever in the area I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami Florida