“This place is like a dream”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I am rarely speechless, but Marriott got it right with the Marquis Miami. Wow, wow. I travel quite a bit for work and prefer Marriott in general. But this Marquis deserves this title which is reserved for a high end Marriott. The New York City Marriott Marquis pales in comparison and any manager working in NYC who visits the Miami version of the Marquis brand would consider a serious overall of their sister property. So, this Marquis is relatively new and is therefore not worn or dirt; on the contrary, it sparkles. From the moment we arrived, the front desk folks welcomed us with open arms and put us into an extraordinary room with an incredible view of the city. We did have a suite, so the office area in the room as well as the expansive bathroom were just stunning. The food was high quality as was the room service. Even the small touches built into this hotel are of high quality: there is a small red light that you can turn on which can be seen in the hallway outside of your door which is a message to the staff to not knock under any circumstances. I mean, that's great, as I have been disturbed in countless hotels over the years even with the 'do not disturb' sign prominently displayed on the outside doorknob. This is the highest of quality Marriott hotel and I am already looking forward to our return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Bacchus711
Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is usually my goto hotel when I have to stay in Miami. The last two trips I have been a bit disappointed.

Check in and check out is easy as usual. Getting help with you bags is sometimes a bit difficult. But I figure that this is due to inadequate staff at the time.

Room service is timely and food is good, not great.

Staff are always friendly and very helpful.

My main issue is with the linen. My sheets on the last trip had small holes and the towels are worn. Housekeeping needs to inspect the linens, if I am paying over 400US per night, I do not wish for my linen to be worn and with holes.

I would probably still stay there on my next trip to give it one more try, however if there is no improvement I may just move across the road to the Epic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Ashele_B
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear AsheleB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry you experienced these inconveniences. Your comments are invaluable to us so we may continue to provide you with a great experience.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Waiting for your next visit,

Flavio Mello
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The room was very modern with a tv in the bathroom (which we could not work out how to use) and a tastefully furnished large bedroom with a part water view. Excellent fitness centre and good bar downstairs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidaygal2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel has always been one of my favorites in Downtown Miami. I usually use this hotel as a mini getaway with my girlfriends and decided to introduce my partner to it. He loved it! Friendly, attentive staff, comfy beds and pillows and amazing tubs-perfect for bubble baths. The pool is my favorite- true definition of peace and serenity. We'll be back JW!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelingMel88
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Of course I had read all the great reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor, so my expectations were very high. They were all met or exceeded. It is truly a beautiful hotel with an outstanding staff. The room was spacious and the bathroom was roomy and nice.

When you first arrive at the hotel, you are impressed by the line of bellman waiting to assist arriving guests, so there is no wait for help with your luggage. Once inside you are taken to the front desk and that is where we had one of the most pleasant hotel experiences we have ever had.

Bogdan Moisa, Asst. Rooms Division Manager, assisted us at the front desk. He was so personable and found us a lovely room with a nice view. Then when we asked him about a local restaurant we had heard about, he assured us it was a good choice. He even called and made reservations for us at the restaurant and then escorted us out to the taxi area and gave the taxi driver instructions on where to take us. Mr. Moisa treated us so well we felt like "VIPs." It was a very pleasant experience.

This is my hotel of choice when staying in the Miami area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NikitaAtlanta
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I like the contemporary design of this hotel, sophistication and the nice view of Biscayne Boulevard from the top floor apartments. The bathroom is ruge and sophisticated, has a recessed screen tv in the mirror.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra Y
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We booked through Expedia and requested 2 queens beds since we had both of our children traveling with us. The room type wasn't guaranteed and when we checked in were told that all was available was a king which we were fine with. They offered to upgrade us anyway so gave us a suite on the 32nd floor. It was huge and everything was very clean and beautiful. The staff was amazingly friendly and went out of their way to be hospitable. The fitness room was also really big and had nice equipment. We looked in at the bowling alley but thought $25/hour was a little pricey so we skipped it. It's a great location and within walking distance of restaurants, parks, etc. The only thing I wasn't super impressed with was the pool. It was nice and warm but there wasn't anything that really set it apart from any other pool. No staff or beverage service or anything like that. The kids had an ok time in it, but I think it was more geared towards business people looking to a swim a few laps or relax in the hot tub.

Stayed: January 2014