Have been meaning to write this review for a while now.
We had the pleasure of staying in this beautiful hotel for 3 nights in February prior to our Caribbean cruise departing from Miami.
The hotel is conveniently situated in downtown Miami and is easily accessible from the busy roads surrounding this area. The Bayside establishment was in close proximity and was within walking distance from the hotel. Having previously read things regarding this wonderful city please avoid all negative reviews about safety, it's a lovely area.
We originally booked in for a Junior Suite. However upon arrival to the hotel the kind receptionist (Katie) informed us we had been upgraded to an Executive Suite courtesy of Marriott (this came complimentary because we are Marriott Platinum Elite Members). The beautiful room overlooked the lively city below. Enormous televisions, very comfortable beds. I did notice this hotel uses a lot of futuristic technology in comparison to it's competitors. There was also a TV embedded into the mirror in the bathroom, unfortunately this did not work, but was an error caused by one of the children!
Staff members were absolutely excellent, incredibly attentive and literally nothing was too much trouble. I also noticed they have evidently adopted the mandatory etiquette for a hotel of this standard, professionally presented and their postures were also fantastic, never really noticed this before.
Amenities again faultless, the roof top pool is excellent. However it's located between the two massive buildings so only really manages to catch some sunlight during the hours of 11am-1pm. Pool was of a perfect temperature and the staff member monitoring the area was always polite. Virtual bowling looked amusing but never managed to experience it, next time! The Concierge Lounge was magnificent. The decoration and furnishings were as expected however the views in the morning were breath taking, panoramic views of the coast. Breakfast offerings and afternoon bites were always available, very appetising and enjoyable. Soft and hot drinks, as well as other alcoholic beverages were accessible.
This hotel is undeniably superior to any other Marriott's I have stayed in. The Marquis is obviously one of the best in Miami as shown by the consistently excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in visiting this unbelievable city. I also noticed the American hotel standard out ranks the typical British offerings!
Love the JW and USA, we are already considering revisiting next year! We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Travelbag so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami Florida