A tripadvisor No. 1 rated hotel in Miami means quite a lot. That's why i chose this hotel for my 10-day business stay over the likes of the Epic or the Viceroy. And while the hotel was generally fine, it was nowhere near what top in Miami should be. I'll just go over some things that caught my attention:
- breakfasts are really lousy there. The buffet is small, and selection is non-existent. A la carte is OK, but not great. And each morning this cost me 25-30 bucks per person - that is, until I quit doing breakfasts at the hotel and went for the local Starbucks.
- housekeeping - it just seemed it was lazy. All they did was do my bed every day. It was a bit dusty, we only got one large and one small towel each (no beach towels).
- the hotel boasts a full NBA regulation basketball court. Which, they forgot to mention, costs $100 per hour to use. The only reason i took 30 minutes there was because I had already changed into workout clothes and went down there - and when the arena manager told me it cost extra, i didn't have much of a choice.
- biggest issue was the hotel's billing system. They took my authorization on the credit cars at check in and the system blocked the entire amount in my card (i get sms alerts for every transaction). And then they started charging my card every day for amounts between $20 and $500 to the point where I really lost track of how much money they are charging. Finally, at the checkout, I specifically asked the receptionist how much more would my card be charged - to which they said that the balance was set and no more charges would be made. And then, two days later, the hotel charged THE ENTIRE BILL AMOUNT - almost 4,000 bucks. It took a while before my bank and I figured out that the other random charges were simply authorization that blocked those amounts - that the hotel had neglected to release. That led to my credit card maxing out. Very unpleasant and non-transparent, which is very uncomfortable when it comes down to your finances.
Not all was bad. The pool and gym were OK, the porters staff and the concierge were super helpful and efficient. But to say this is a #1 hotel in the city - sorry, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami Florida