“Great hotel central located”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The JW Marriott was not a disappointment. great hotel excellent location rooms were clean large and quiet. The view was outstanding overlooking the bay. the only negative I have is the room service food. For the price you are paying the food should be excellent. I had some grilled Grouper and it was burned to a crisp. overall the hotel and staff was great. "Shout Out" to the bellman Ricardo great tips on restaurants and areas to visit.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the bay on the highest floor you can it will have great views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSTRICK96
Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Although I stay at the Marriott's almost every week for work (and it has been that way for the last 14 years) - I typically don't rate Marriott's on tripadvisor - I only count the pleasure trips....We recently went to the Bahamas and stayed at the Miami Marquis on the way over - and I have to say - wow! Rooms are the best I've seen in any hotel (maybe except Vegas - of note - I was upgraded to executive suite due to my status - so it might not be a fair comparison), everything was brand spanking new, great lay out in the room, fabulous view. illy coffee in the room, are you kidding, I love illy...Delicious bistro downstairs owned by Daniel Boulud. Pacers were staying for the playoffs when I was there - guess why - this hotel has NBA grade basketball court by the pool side. crazy!! you can also play bowling, we had a lot of fun doing that...concierge floor has high quality delicious hors d'oeuvres that you can enjoy watching the view... location is central, staff is very helpful, building is minted, I loved Marriott Marquis Miami.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank t-dev-7
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything about this hotel rocks! Marriott is the best! I got all of my work accomplished and the close proximity to South Beach allowed me a little time for some rnr. The view from my room and the comfortable bed also made my work trip feel more like a vacation. The staff were all extremely friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BeachLife305
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I could write a book about this hotel, it was THAT wonderful. The room was enormous and beautifully decorated and clean, The bathroom alone was the size of some hotel rooms. TV in the mirror in the bathroom so you could take a nice bath and not miss a show. The bed was heaven!!! The technology was superb, I actually needed guidance because I thought the TV (huge TV) in the room did not have a working remote. Come to find out it was the remote to the laptop computer.
My only regret is that we were just there for one night since we were getting on a cruise ship the very next day. I plan on revisiting Miami and will have to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lovethesites
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Marquis Miami in late March for a bit of a vacation and visit with family. The hotel was fantastic. The room was better than expected and had a great view. The location was very convenient to everything we needed downtown, plus it was a short cab ride to South Beach. The staff went out of their way to make our stay perfect.

Would have loved it if the rooftop pool bar was open during the week, but it wasn't terribly busy so I understand why they would close. Great bar food and drink service on the weekend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previous occasions and I loved it! Very modern, clean and great service overall. Valet parking is expensive, but to be expected. I particularly enjoy the espresso machine in the room and the beautiful bathroom and views.

That said, on my last stay I was very disappointed. I booked this hotel for an overnight stay prior to catching another international flight. I could have stayed at the Marriott Airport but I specifically selected this hotel again because of previous good experience. I arrived late after a long international flight, with my parents who are elders. I had asked for a room near the elevator for easy access for them and check in was perfect. The club lounge was already closed so we could not enjoy any of its benefits and we went straight to bed.

As a platinum Marriott rewards member, I am used to using the Club Lounges at several JW Marriotts around the world. As we went in the next morning for breakfast, I was surprised when the attendant asked me to sign for an additional charge of US$ 25 per day for the third person. I questioned that and she explained that this is a new policy of this hotel Well, the charge is not extravagant but I feel it is so extremely unnecessary for a hotel that already is quite expensive and with very expensive additional charges (parking, room service, bowling alley...). Also, I would expect a different treatment for a Platinum member. This has never happened to me in any other JW Marriott properties and it has made me rethink staying at this hotel again.

I am booked to travel to Miami next week and I am planning to stay at the other JW Marriott this time to check it out. A real pity because this was my all time favorite hotel and for such as small detail they lost a customer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Braziliantraveler7
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Braziliantraveler7,

Thank you for taking the time and commenting on your experience at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. I’m glad to hear you feel our hotel is modern and clean and that you enjoy the espresso machines and views from your room.

We truly appreciate your Platinum Membership and your loyalty with Marriott. In order to maintain the services at its best, for you and other Marriott Elite members, we follow Marriott guidelines regarding access and amount of guests with access to the Club Lounge. All we do aims at improving our guests experience and offer the best service to you while in our care. We are sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you’d like to discuss this further.

Flavio M

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I just attended an event at the JW Marriott. We thought we would be able to get our car from the valet in a reasonable time. After paying $16, we had to wait for over 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, i had to send my wife in a cab to pick up our son before the daycare closed. She ended having to walk home after because my car still was not made available after 6 requests to get an update. It took 50+ minutes to get my car. I have never had such a poor customer experience in my life.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Basil305
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Basil305,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apology regarding your valet experience. We truly appreciate your feedback and your comments have been shared with managers and associates in an effort to avoid occurrences such as this in the future.
If you’d like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 305-421-8600.

Flavio M.