Stayed here on a business trip. Hotel is in a great location and has a great view of the ocean if you can get a high enough room.
Service here is exceptional. What you would expect for a JW marriott. Room was impeccable and the agent at the front desk was friendly and helpful with checking in. My room was a king size bed that was extremely comfortable overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and everything seemed to be perfect. I was near an elevator but to be honest, I never heard anything outside of my room. Probably because there is a bit of a hallway when you first walk in which happens to act as a noise barrier. Bed and linens were quite comftorable.
The next morning, I awoke and wanted to make a quick espresso to have before the gym (all rooms have espresso machines). As luck would have it, the machine was broken. I tried calling down but couldn't reach anyone so I called from my cell to let them know. They promised someone would be up to replace. I went to the gym, and thourougly enjoyed the view. It's a panaromic view of the city. Probably a top 5 gym in terms of equipment and view of the city.
Upon returning to my room, I noticed that the machine was still the same and it hadn't been changed. Not the end of the world but dissapointing as I was gone for almost an hour. I didn't bother to call down as I had to get going.
I called down to the Valet and was told it would be 15 minutes for my car. Sounds normal right? So I set the timer on my phone for 15mins thinking that by the time it goes off, I collect my things, it'll be ready. Nope no such luck. I had to wait an additional 10 minutes. Listen I don't mind if my car is going to take longer, just tell me up front. No apology was given and off I went. For almost 40$ a day, I expect a prompt valet.
So they were small gripes that wouldn't hold me back from coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami Florida