“First class for everything except for a couple of things”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Hotel is in a great location and has a great view of the ocean if you can get a high enough room.

Service here is exceptional. What you would expect for a JW marriott. Room was impeccable and the agent at the front desk was friendly and helpful with checking in. My room was a king size bed that was extremely comfortable overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and everything seemed to be perfect. I was near an elevator but to be honest, I never heard anything outside of my room. Probably because there is a bit of a hallway when you first walk in which happens to act as a noise barrier. Bed and linens were quite comftorable.

The next morning, I awoke and wanted to make a quick espresso to have before the gym (all rooms have espresso machines). As luck would have it, the machine was broken. I tried calling down but couldn't reach anyone so I called from my cell to let them know. They promised someone would be up to replace. I went to the gym, and thourougly enjoyed the view. It's a panaromic view of the city. Probably a top 5 gym in terms of equipment and view of the city.

Upon returning to my room, I noticed that the machine was still the same and it hadn't been changed. Not the end of the world but dissapointing as I was gone for almost an hour. I didn't bother to call down as I had to get going.

I called down to the Valet and was told it would be 15 minutes for my car. Sounds normal right? So I set the timer on my phone for 15mins thinking that by the time it goes off, I collect my things, it'll be ready. Nope no such luck. I had to wait an additional 10 minutes. Listen I don't mind if my car is going to take longer, just tell me up front. No apology was given and off I went. For almost 40$ a day, I expect a prompt valet.

So they were small gripes that wouldn't hold me back from coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the bay/ocean
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldTraverler73
Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at this hotel 3 different times now and I will continue to go back. I'm not rich like a lot of their clients but they treat you as an equal which is great. Can't ask for better staff and accommodations! Can't wait to return. Fantastic

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Staff was very helpful with everything! My friends and I plan to stay there next time since its close to stores for last minute needs like CVS and a restaurant adjoined the hotel so that was a plus! Views of the bay were spectacular and its close to public transportation. Also just a few blocks from Bayside Marketplace.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed two nights while in Miami. This place is really spectacular! The staff at check in could not have been more professional and friendly. I was upgraded to a suite on the 28th floor. The lounge is closed so I was offered vouchers at the restaurant for breakfast. Headed up to my room and WOW. I walk into a living room set up with full desk (including a computer) sofa, chairs, guest bathroom, TV, and wet bar. Then moved into the separate bedroom with huge bed and another amazing TV. Then the bathroom which was as large as many traditional hotel rooms. There was a shower stall, a traditional WC, tub area, double vanity (with another TV built into the mirror) and plenty of space. The room was clean and very comfortable. I wanted to live in this space.

Breakfast was pretty good. The staff was really nice but I was not overwhelmed by the offerings. It was pretty crowded and a continental breakfast can take a beating when a large crowd is near. Overall it was still quite nice.

This is a great place to stay when in downtown!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel has a great localization, it is on Miami Downtown, closest to a lot of restaurants and stores. The services was perfect and it was very beautiful. It has a parking and a good restaurant inside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed one night. The JW Marriott Marquis Miami was an amazing hotel. Yes, the valet was expensive and it actually took awhile to get the car - as it seemed they must have to go far to get the car. But, the hotel itself is amazing. The amenities - the rooftop pool, the basketball court, bowling and movie theatre. Amazin - but, each of those come with an additional fee except the pool. The property boasts a indoor tennis court -yet we found out that it is actually the basketball court that is made in to a tennis court and they rarely make it a tennis court. The fees for each of these are by the hour or half hour - and start around $50. I think the amenities are amazing; but, the fees are higher especially considering the cost of the room.
The room was really nice. Extremely Large room with floor to ceiling windows. The beds -ugh. Small doubles. There was a feather pad; but, I did not find it cloud like. The sheets were great quality. The toiletries were upgraded. The tv in the mirror in the bathroom had bad reception and I finally turned it off. Relaxing tub and shower.
The staff was memorable and did everything that they could to to go above and beyond.
Our room faced the bay and the cruise ships in the morning were great. Overall I really enjoyed this location and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lilimadsn
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as a birthday celebration. This hotel is beautiful. Check-in was quick and smooth - all the staff at the Front desk were so friendly and accommodating - i wish i had remembered all of their names to thank them personally. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious. I loved the floor to ceiling window with the views of the bay. We brought our own drinks and snacks as the mini bar is always expensive, so it was a nice surprise to see that housekeeping had delivered ice to us every night along with the turn down service. We ordered room service twice during our stay and it arrived in half the time. Only downside was we tried to eat at D&B and it was closed one evening (not their fault of course) I loved everything about this hotel. Looking forward to staying here again in the near future

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple