“Beautiful Views”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #7 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Views? Fantastic. Location? Great, seconds from the water. Service? 5 star. Restaurants? We visited the more casual one on the second floor at 6pm on a Saturday & it was empty... So we walked 5 mins to a great Peruvian restaurant called Ceviche 105. Overall we gave this hotel a 4/5 as it was more of a business/kid friendly hotel, we had a full executive desk with computer in the room (I didn't want to think about work) bowling alley on the bottom floor (great for kids). No restaurant or bar at the pool, yet for the price we paid, it still was a luxury hotel. We loved the built in TV in the mirror of the vanity in the bathroom! Will stay again if we find another great deal.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank NaderProperties
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Marquis Miami

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had the opportunity to spend 8 days at this beautiful hotel for a bit of R & R and I did not want to leave. The room was remarkable, I resided in room 2609 which offered wonderful views of Biscayne Bay and the river, the sunrise and sunset were awesome as well.

The service was top notch and I must agree with a previous post regarding the outstanding attention from Valentina (Front Desk) and a special housekeeper, although everyone I was in contact with was very friendly and accommodating. They all helped to make my stay an enjoyable one, I will go back in a heartbeat..

Tip - Most of the Marriott hotels rates drop for arrivals on a Thursday and departing on a Monday. If you wish to stay longer book another reservation for the remaining days to ensure you get the discount for the first 4 days, it is worth every penny. Also there is a computer in the room and complimentary Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and views of Biscayne Bay. Room# 2609
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I know their valet service is contracted out - but they should have some obligation to have a more reputable company.

I attended a business meeting at the above location and used valet parking. It was obvious that my car was taken by the valet and used for personal purposes. While I confronted the valet service at the time, all involved denied using my car.. I will let the facts speak for themselves:

The radio channel was changed
The A/C setting was changed
The seat setting was changed
The cell phone holder was knocked to the floor.
3 miles were added to the trip odometer.

Since the area doesn’t provide any ready opportunity for a “joy” ride I can only assume that the car was used for a personal or illegal purpose.

So, my opinion - if you are visiting and using your own car - find a way to park yourself

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rbben
Flavio M, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Rbben,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that you encountered this experience with our Valet service. The management team within our Valet Department have been alerted and your concerns have been shared directly with them and our associates. If you would like to further discuss the details of your experience further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Flavio M.
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The service is 10 star. The accommodation very good. Dined in both restaurants found them as good as the Hotel for Food and Service. Valentina Ricci is the most helpful and pleasant person.We had a problem with our booking and she helped bring a satisfactory solution.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I can't begin to explain how great of a hotel experience I had. Booked it straight from the hotel website for the weekend. From the minute you walk in to the minute you leave, you're treated excellent. The staff was accommodating and very friendly. We were upgraded to a suite with the best view possible. I cannot wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Location is good... Lots of good restaurants nearby... Cvs pharmacy is not far from the hotel and it opens 24 hrs... There is construction outside the hotel but inside of the hotel is very quiet... Free trolley can go around in the downtown area... The trolley stop is just across the hotel... Ranking # 2 has it's reason!! Not regret for staying... I love Miami!!!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tammy T
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

JW Marriott was an awesome experience from the moment we pulled up. There were around 5 bell men waiting to get our bags. Checking in was a breeze. Our room was on the 24th floor.

The full size basketball court was a unique thing to see on the 19th floor. The views at night from the pool was beautiful.

The room was very luxurious with down comforter and comfortable beds. Loved the two 60in TV's in our room plus the one in the mirror in the bathroom. Hotel is one if the nicest we have been to...

The only thing I would change was that the air conditioner was very loud in the bedroom. It never kicked off. It was cold just louder than we like.

Overall, excellent hotel!!! Would stay again! It's a great location to. Easy to get to the port or beaches.

Stayed: June 2014