“Celebrating birthday”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Weston, Florida
“Celebrating birthday”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My first experience was so fantastic I decided to get three other couples to get rooms to celebrate my friends birthday.. as usual we all loved the rooms and the staff is exceptional. We will be back again in September to celebrate my birthday!!!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was in Miami last weekend and decided to stay at the JW Marriott Marquis downtown! This hotel was very nice to me. The employees were very helpful, courteous and and willing to assist in any way possible. The best part about this hotel to me is it's in the heart of downtown Miami, a hop, skip and jump away from South Beach. The majority of Hotels on South Beach to me are over priced. I stayed here for approximately $100 cheaper a night than the average hotel on South Beach and got just as good service and amenities. The Hotel has a great restaurant inside of it and a nice little gift shop for picking up little souvenirs if you're short on time. The overall decor is very nice and I felt well accommodated for the price I paid!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite room I was in had a view of downtown but it was partly obstructed by neighboring bu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. The valet and check-in staff were both friendly and helpful.

The hotel upgraded me to a large suite. It was very well laid out with a living, dining, office area and then the bedroom suite. The bathroom was huge. It offers all the amenities you would expect plus more.

Fantastic property at a fantastic rate!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for business and lived the location and comfortable rooms. Very near excellent restaurants like Il Gabbiano one block away. Near the water and Brickell. Great staff and comfortable beds make a great combination. Breakfast options abound but I like the sit down restaurant on the second floor for service and good food.

1 Thank Joseph F
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Note 10 hotel was a very pleasant experience and relaxed.A good location and excellent rooms large.Service excellent!It was a good experience.I'll come back for you in this hotel for holidays with friends

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I am in Miami often for work and this hotel is usually my "go to" place. The location, nice rooms and trendy atmosphere makes it a winner for me but what pushes it over the edge is the great staff! Friendly, attentive, professional and thoughtful are the words that come to mind. I never have a complaint and this time is no different. Not even when they took a bit long with my room service order and when I called to enquire the "at your service" staff member was calm and located my order instantly. The room service staffer initially got mixed up with the room explained that without going on and on delivered my food and got out of the room. All was forgiven. I will definitely be going back again.

1 Thank Carnicherry
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The rooms are nice. The hotel is conveniently located. The view from higher floors and the club lounge is amazing.
Thats where it ends. The service is patchy and non existent at times.
Being a platinum member also does not really matter here. Requested for dinner plates in the room and the response was " No, you will not get it because there is $10 charge.". Wow. Had to tell them go ahead and charge me and send it up. Waited for ever but finally arrived.
Next day, I was given 30 additional complimentary minutes for check out. Requested for Bell Service to check out which did not turn up for more than 45 minutes. Finally walked out with bags myself.
The check in bell service was amazing. Check out non existent. For some reason the staff does not care. Not a typical Marriott experience. If you just want a good hotel with no expectations of service, this may be your place. Not sure if I would come back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tarun s
Katy L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Tarun S.,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the JW Marriott Marquis. As a Platinum Member we truly value your loyalty, I apologize we did not provide the consistent service you deserve. We strive to maintain a consistent service level from the moment you enter our property until your departure, your feelings have been shared amongst our Management Team in an effort to look for opportunities to enrich future experiences for you and all future guests.

Once again, please accept my apologies and please feel free to contact me directly for any further feedback regarding your stay.

Katy L.