“Upscale” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Upscale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotel is very upbeat. Yet, it really depends on your motivation for traveling. If looking for fun on the beach I would choose something else. If looking for business travel downtown Miami or a quiet getaway this is your place. The traffic can be a pain in you arrive around 4-5 pmish. I enjoyed the walking trails and the small cafes that served natural juices. I found another cafe that had a great Greek Omelette with spinach and feta cheese within walking distance. I was vacationing there so there weren't many restrains on my time. I enjoyed the service and the hotel overall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was an awesome experience. The staff is really courteous. The rooms are big for family with kids and also very clean. The valet parking is expensive. The room service is excellent. For additional charge they offer bowling and billiard services.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I took my daughter for her birthday from our holiday in Orlando for a night in Miami. It was a special trip for our entire party. We were accommodated in a beautifully appointed room and we found the check-in staff extremely helpful in recommending somewhere to dine and giving us comprehensive directions to make the most of our stay. However, the pinnacle of the stay has to be attributed to Reinaldo in the hospitality suites who showed us around the facilities and made the trip very special for my five year old grandson, fifteen year old daughter and even more unique for my birthday daughter by presenting her with a birthday cake.
Truely memorable for the entire group. Thanks Reinaldo.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Maureen G
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have had a difficult time finding a property in Miami that gave me the ability to relax, entertain, work and have fun. The search is now over. What a great place to stay. I had a corner room with an amazing view.

I had a long week and when I got to the JW my great experience started with the Valet. They made me feel welcome and seemed to know who I was. When I got to the front desk a young man started asking me questions about my week and he was able to pick a room that would meet my need to decompress. He had a suite for me but suggested I take the corner room instead. What a great suggestion. After a long day the view helped me relax.

The bar was eclectic and comfortable.

The location is great. close to everything downtown. Great restaurants and bars in walking distance.

The next morning I was able to find a nice quite place to conduct an interview on the second floor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tony W
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My first experience was so fantastic I decided to get three other couples to get rooms to celebrate my friends birthday.. as usual we all loved the rooms and the staff is exceptional. We will be back again in September to celebrate my birthday!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was in Miami last weekend and decided to stay at the JW Marriott Marquis downtown! This hotel was very nice to me. The employees were very helpful, courteous and and willing to assist in any way possible. The best part about this hotel to me is it's in the heart of downtown Miami, a hop, skip and jump away from South Beach. The majority of Hotels on South Beach to me are over priced. I stayed here for approximately $100 cheaper a night than the average hotel on South Beach and got just as good service and amenities. The Hotel has a great restaurant inside of it and a nice little gift shop for picking up little souvenirs if you're short on time. The overall decor is very nice and I felt well accommodated for the price I paid!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite room I was in had a view of downtown but it was partly obstructed by neighboring bu...