“Very satisfied customers”

American WaterSports
Ranked #50 of 208 Outdoor Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Voted Miami's Best," American WaterSports is your #1 source for boat rentals and yacht charters. Our Miami Boat Rental fleet features premium South Wind vessels, including bow riders and center consoles. So whether you want to go fishing, cruise the bay, soak up some sun, or impress your friends, we've got you covered!!! We guarantee the lowest boat rental rates, in Miami, and are open 7 days a week, weather permitting. Enjoy free lockers and changing rooms complete with showers.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very satisfied customers”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Before I start must mention I am NOT an employee,relative or personal friend of American Water
Sports in Coconut Grove Miami. Just a very satisfied customer who feels there are enough sharks
Out there and NOT the ones IN the water I am talking about. after spending very much time searching the internet we finally made our choice,American Water sports in coconut grove Miami.
They answered all my e mails quickly and answered all my questions fully. We booked a 1/2 day 24' boat and decided to hire a Captain. Not only for obvious safety reasons but also for his experience and knowledge of where best to go and see. What a great decision that was. On the day we were met by very cheery friendly staff, very helpful and professional. We DIDN 'T have to pay the required security $3,000 because we hired a boat with Captain. Our costs were the hire of the boat, the fuel(which in our case was $110. Fuel costs vary depends on how many miles you do and the speed) The Captain was $150, and worth every singel cent. Other than that NO
HIDDEN costs. Should my husband or I personally have damaged the boat in any way of course we would have been liable. The boat was very clean, in good condition, looked very luxurious and comfortable. Our Captain Carl was just amazing a sort of Rod Stewart looking guy really cool) many years experience on the water,a walking book of general knowledge, took us to breath taking views of the more famous homes in Miami etc., gave us big thrills and excitement on the open waters and treated us to the best 4 hours we could wish for. NO WAY we could have seen and done all that had we tried to do it on our own even with the GPS. So Carl big big THANK yOU
For the safe awesome boat trip, definitely will book with American Water Sports gain and can put anyones minds at rest if your in doubt. I highly recommend them, and feel that tourists out there need to know cheap or cheaper is NOT always the case. The high standard this company provides may cost a little more but you definetly get what you pay for and much more and hey Wer'e worth it. I wish you all reading this as much fun as we had. It was just awesome. Great value for money.
A very satisfied customer , we will return. Mary-Therese and Peter Schelvis from the Netherlands (Holland).

Houston, Texas
“Boat Rental”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Excellent. Boat was in great shape. Lots of wonderful places to get to in the boat. Employees were great, helpful, honest, good people. I will be using them any time I go to Miami.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our boat was really great .... The team is amazing ... Very knowledgable and very flexible ... Don't look something else .... American water sports is the one

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I'm not a big reviewer but we had a great time and they asked us if we could post our pictures on here so here I am. Everything went very smooth and we got some great shots. Casi checked us in and Justin gave the instruction. He was very thorough about making sure we knew what we needed to know. The boat had a GPS and depth finder so there weren't any major concerns. Just watch out for other boaters while you're out there. They really fly through the slow speed zones.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carl H
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glad I did it!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Great service and great boats. I moved to Miami Beach back in 2006 and always dream to do boating. Now that I am moving to CA, I had to do it! Because it was my first time operating a boat, I did a lot of research and preparation. I asked a tone of questions in tree different occasions before I rent it and they answer me to all of them. I even studied the bay using googles map satellite and visited the company twice before renting from them. The day before, I asked if they could give me a tour of the boat. They were cool to take the time to give me that tour. I was happy to see that the boats look in very good condition and were equipped with a depth finder. Everything worked including the depth finder (AMAZING Technology), radio, the horn and the fm radio which my daughter loved it. The boat had a toilet, if you break the seal to use it, you get charge $40 because they have to call to pump it out. It's good to know that you have one. The day of the rent, they provided me with operational and safety instructions; show me the boat; provided me with a map of the bay and showed me where to go. Together, we checked the boat at the beginning and at the end to look for any damages. When leaving the dock and returning to the dock, they help me and gave me easy and clear instructions. Because there are instructions, inspections, and paper work that you must do before the boat ride, make sure that you arrange when to meet with them to start this process (~1/2 hr early) so you can leave on time. At the end of the day, you need to do your homework, preparation, and do what they tell you to do. All of us including my 80 year old parents and my daughter had a great time and experience. Thanks to American WaterSports and the help of its employees specially In, Justin and Casi, I was able to materialized one of my dreams. By the way, they provide with free parking!

Visited May 2013