“WAY over-priced”

Latin American Bayside Cafe
Ranked #488 of 4,162 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Alpharetta, Georgia
“WAY over-priced”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stopped here for an early lunch on a Tuesday. 11:00 am. They were still serving breakfast, which was nice, and one of us had steak and eggs, and the other had a cubano sandwich. We also had cuban coffee and cocktails... daquiris and a Cuba Libre. Food was OK. Drinks were OK. Cubano Sandwich was large, and the chimichurri that came with the fried plantains was very tasty. Overall, though, the food and service didn't justify the price. We were the only customers in the establishment at the time, and the staff (about 7, I think), were so engrossed in conversing with each other that we felt like we were interrupting a family reunion! Even though we had 3 frozen drinks, 2 entrees, and some coffee, we still felt that nearly $80 was too much to pay for what we got. Also, note that they charge the tip automatically on the bill .... ( that was ON TOP of the $80)... fortunately, I realized that before I totaled out, as they don't bother to mention that to you when they bring the tab. I don't think we would go back.

• Visited June 2014

“Authentic and Tasty”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ate here with family. We went because my guy's family is Cuban and they have been here many times before. The mojitos were the best I have ever had anywhere. The portions were huge and the food tasted great. You have to love a Cuban restaurant that draws in a large Cuban crowd. We ate outside at night and the atmosphere was great. The band was playing down the way at the open pavilion which is a separate part from the restaurant in the common area. I will forgive them for playing Lady Gaga.

• Visited June 2014
“Good Food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The service was very fast. We ordered, the food came out very fast. My husband ordered the cuban sandwich, it was very good, and the portion was huge. I ordered ropa vieja with congri, it was delicious. We had a very good lunch. Recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had read reviews and expected it to have good food, bad service and high prices. We were pleasantly surprised when we found really good food, average prices and average service (not great, but not bad). Never having been there, I was picturing that the outdoor seating would be on an upper floor overlooking the water. But it was very, very casual, on the main sidewalk next to the water. There were only about 10 or so 4 person tables outside. People were constantly walking by, but you did get to see the boats coming in and out of the area. I had a strawberry mojito that was excellent ($12 with a plastic souvenir glass) There was an awning over the tables, bu still very warm and not much of a breeze, so if you don't like the heat, better sit inside. We went for lunch and there was latin music playing around us which was a nice Miami vibe. I would recommend this restaurant for a casual, bayside experience.

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Delicioso”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our meals were quick, big portions, and oh so delicious. The service was fast. Good prices. Nice people. I will definitely consider this place when in Miami.

• Visited April 2014