“Awesome food but Terrible service BOTH times”

David's Cafe Cafecito
Ranked #111 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Nearly a year after closing its Collins Avenue location, the iconic 40-year-old Cuban cafe alights on Alton Road, settling into a smaller SoBe space with blue-and-black tiled floors and its signature walk-up window where locals get their morning cafecito fix. The menu includes breakfast staples like fried eggs and bacon, plus classics like Cubano Sandwich and churrasco (grilled beef) that never grow old.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This Cuban café is just a couple blocks from the beach so it is super convenient to get some food or strong Cuban coffee. The décor, tables tops, moros, plantains, and other food was excellent and cheap; however, their service was awful both inside the restaurant and at the outside window. This happened twice in one day. No one was friendly which I found odd considering their location and clientele. I ordered French fries and coffee from the outside window later that day when they were not busy. I received the coffee but not the fries. Finally the little lady realized I wasn't walking away and went to order them. The cook in the pictures poured the fries and dripping grease into the styrofoam box. The grease then melted several holes in the bottom. This was handed to me hastily without an apology or explanation. Sorry I don't like melted plastic on my food!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went to David's based on a recommendation from a Miami local. Was not disappointed. We were on a mission to try a Cubano sandwich (ham, pork, pickles, mustard on a soft bun that is typically toasted). It was great and had to go back to the take out window a couple of days later for a second. Also had the papaya shake - extremely good. The blended grapefruit was refreshing. Service on the inside was attentive and they also have a breakfast and lunch buffet option. The service at the take out window was so so since I had to repeat myself three times. But would go back and stay inside.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We went here because I wanted to get a Cuban sandwich while in Miami Beach. I order Cuban sandwiches pretty much any time it is on the menu, and this was one of the best. The prices at this place are awesome as well.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We ate there three times, first for diner then for lunch then for merienda before dining out late. The food was great, the service was friendly and fast, and you could not beat the value. The bisteque sandwich came with these miniature crispy fries which made it perfect.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed in apartments right across the street and got our morning coffee, breakfasts, and snacks all weekend here. We loved the walk up window for quick coffee and snack. And we loved eating inside, too - breakfast and snacks. The mamay shake is SO good! And the fresh squeezed juices rock - we tried both mango and orange. They were both fresh and delicious. Their Cuban coffees are so awesome that I drank them black each time. I also tried their cafe con leche - it was good, but a few of my friends got theirs too sweet, so ask them to go easy on the sugar if you don't want it overly sweet. Their Cuban sandwiches are AMAZING! We loved them the traditional way as well as with the Cuban sweet bread. I got the Cuban french toast a bunch and loved it each time - it wasn't too sweet yet still didn't need any syrup. This restaurant, and the people watching, were one of the best things about where we stayed!