“Better than we could have hoped for”

Airboat In Everglades
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore the everglades on a small airboat to see the wonders & beauty that it offers. Airboat in everglades, miami airboat rides, miami airboat tours, miami beach attractions, are here. Ride and Slide threw sawgrass, mangroves, apple pond trees and less than 6 inches of water. Located in Northern America, the Everglades of Florida is home to some of the world's most diverse animals and vegetation. The wetlands boast of shallow water bodies, great habitat and awesome scenery that helps you create memories. Having a tropical climate further aids the tourists in their endeavors. with the extent of water that is not easily navigable, a trip down the river of grass is quite impossible without the help of local guides and machines. We operate rain or shine Everglades operating locations may vary due to weather and animal sightings.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I did a lot of research to find an airboat ride that was not 'touristy' for myself and my teenaged son. Found such great reviews of this one that I opted to go for the 1 1/2 hour private tour which was phenomenal. It was the smaller boat which wasn't too noisy (we didn't use the ear muffs or ear plugs) and it was fast and fun. Our captain, Bill, was just great. Really knowledgeable and made sure we saw lots of gators (including Nasty) as well as gorgeous birds and flowers. We even found a nest with blue heron eggs in it! We got caught in a brief rainstorm at one point which was a bit painful, but it passed and we were once again in the sunshine. We did the tour at 4pm which was a perfect time of day.

As others have noted, be SURE to wear sunglasses. Lots of stuff flies at you and you'd be pretty miserable without them.

Oh, and we opted to be picked up at our hotel (the Hyatt in Coral Gables) and our driver, Perry, could not have been nicer.

All in all, these guys made our last day in the Miami area very special!!!

2  Thank mavitale
Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)
All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 21 reviews
"air boat"
in 31 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 18 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Excellent service on the phone and from our guide, Bill. Highly recommend booking in advance. We didn't, but fortunately they were able to accomodate our same-day schedule. This is all about being in the everglades and viewing the wildlife and flora. Our guide stopped twice to pick up cans left behind by other boaters - a gesture appreciated by us.

3  Thank T8travels
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I found Airboat in Everglades, on line and was very pleased with the attention and information giving to me over the phone I booked an airboat tour for myself and my cousin. We were not disappointed with one second of it. It was informative, exciting and unique. There were alligators, birds, trees, and flowers that I've never seen before. The guide was very informative, and answered all the questions I had. I highly recommended that you take this airboat tour the ride is exceptional and the Captain was awesome he really made the ride fun.

1  Thank Yolanda R
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have been to the everglades a few times before. We always went to the big amusement/zoo style locations that also have airboat rides. While we did enjoy those, we wanted to go on a more natural experience and we also wanted to have a private boat just for our family. We came across Airboat in Everglades on TripAdvisor and gave them a try. I was a little concerned about the meeting process (at a local gas station), but I understand as it made logistics simpler. Our airboat captain was great, we had a wonderful time and came across many alligators and birds. Overall, our family had a great time.

Here is a link to one of the many alligators we came across, http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffagoldberg/6888631350/.

2  Thank TravelinManFromIL