“Handy to Casa Moderna”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 9th St
Transit: Parkwest stop on the Metro Mover.
Description: Miami's Best Chinese Delivery!
Scotland
“Handy to Casa Moderna”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We ate hear due to how close it was to our hotel. We found the interior nice and the service was good.

Our food came quite quickly and I was say it was ok, nice enough although not great. We had a delivery to our hotel from another chinese a few nights before and we preferred the food we had delivered.

Visited October 2012

West Palm Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Poisoning after a great night out at Heat game”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I went here with my boyfriend as we were staying right next door at the Casa Moderna hotel and were walking back to the hotel after watching a Heat game right opposite this awful restaurant. From the outside it looked like a decent enough restaurant, I imagined it would be more busy after the Heat game had finished however it was completely empty when we entered. Regardless me & my boyfriend decided to eat some dumplings before heading back to the hotel, we had chicken gyoza which were over cooked and chewy I have honestly never tasted them so bad as I did here. We also had some pork dumplings and some other chicken dumplings which weren't great either however we ate them as we were hungry after the game.

We went back to our hotel next door and straight to bed 3 hours later I had chronicy pains in my stomach and went to the bathroom to throw up, it was awful. My boyfriend felt sorry for me and came to check to see if I was ok. 1 hour later he was in the bathroom himself projectile vomitting...it was absolutely awful.

The following day we decided to go to the restaurant to complain to the manager however we were told the manager was not there and that we should come back later, we came back later to ask again for the manager and the waitress went to get him/her and then returned telling us that the manager was not there...strange...I am seriously considering calling the food hygiene authorities to go check out this restaurant as I wouldn't wish for anyone else to get sick like we did. It completely spoiled what was meant to be a nice weekend away in Miami.

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I got "yipped" for paying so much”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

The quality and quantity of the food they offer here is definitely not worth the price they are charging. $300 for a group of eight adults and 3 children is ridiculous. None of us will ever be coming back to this place nor would we recommend it to anyone.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Infidel_Sheepdog
Miami, Florida
“Worst restaurant in Miami after 20 years”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Rating this place "Terrible" is too high. The service was awful all around. The food was horrible. At least I was there with a friend and not a date. First, more than half the menu was not available. The first two apps we tried to order were not available. There were no fish or pork entrees. The waitress recommended the cashew steak which I ordered. After we finished the appetizer, she told me that the steak was not available either, so I ordered the Mongolian Beef. It was like eating Beef Jerky: Hard and Dry. The brown rice was crusty meaning it had been sitting out for hours in the bowl. Then I had to leave the table to find the waitress for the dessert and check. The manager was texting up front and the waitress hanging out in the bar. BTW, there were only two tables being used in the whole place.

The waitress recommended the cheese cake for dessert. It was fried and awful.

I very rarely give a "Terrible Rating", but this one is well deserved.

This was truly the worst of the worst restaurants in Miami.

• Visited November 2012
Miami, Florida
“Shop around”
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Meh. Nothing fantastic but not bad. Just ok. Service was not good. Drinks were super late and they had no idea what they were bringing to the table. Won't be back.