We had a 24-hour stay at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove on Valentines Day 2009 after a trip to Caribbean. It was a nice hotel---good lobby, nice pool (not quite a resort pool, but nicer pool than typical for city hotel), good room with excellent bathroom, nice balcony. Service was excellent. Accommodated very early check-in nicely. Asked an employee where the pool was and he spent 5 minutes walking with us until we got there. Food at pool bar was good as was dinner at Vizcaya. Note: This is partly a hotel and partly a RC residence. At the pool it was mostly residents who knew each other that lived in residential tower. Not a bad thing--just different. I wasn't just crazy about Coconut Grove but thats an issue of personal preference. I do prefer South Beach. It was a very good hotel overall, but I only give it 4 stars rather than 5 stars because I do not think this hotel quite has a clear vision of what it is. The amenities (pool, etc.) are not quite up to high-end resort standards, and its not quite up to Ritz Carlton standards for the urban hotels. Still, it suited our needs well, and we had a very pleasant short stay here. Would not hesitate to return for a short Miami visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden among lush subtropical foliage and surrounded by the brilliant turquoise waters of Biscayne Bay, The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami provides an unforgettable escape to one of the city's most delightful downtown hotels. After a day spent exploring the eclectic boutiques, art galleries and restaurants that characterize Miami's original neighborhood, resort guests can indulge in a soothing treatment at the hotel's spa, discover dining that celebrates fresh Florida fare from farm to sea, and relax in accommodations that reveal views of the adjacent marina from a private balcony. Whether for business or pleasure, let us make our corner of Miami the one you return to over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami Hotel Miami
- Coconut Grove Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Coconut Grove
- The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami Florida