“A Great Value Hotel For A Short Stay”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon
Ranked #26 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 23 August 2014

For the last few years , we stopover in Miami on our way back from the Caribbean for a few days to do our shopping and have stayed at the Homeward Suites .
The hotel easily accommodates our family of 5 in the rooms , and is very close to the airport and shopping malls.
When I booked , I was advised that the hotel was under renovation , so was expecting some disruption. The lady on front desk kindly checked us in early and gave us a 2bed suite on the ground floor, which was very spacious , clean and had very comfy beds.
Previously , there has always been an ample and delicious breakfast , but this year , it was served in a side room . There wasn't much choice and it wasn't that great tasting. Also this was the first time we tried the Manager's reception .There was some kind of cheese lasagne ( which was overcooked and dry ) , garlic bread and salad . Very disappointing .
Apart from the food , which has definitely gone downhill, the staff are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable .The hotel is in close proximity to all the places we need to visit .

We would definitely visit again next year and look forward to seeing the newly renovated hotel , hopefully with an improved food menu.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff at this hotel did everything they could to make my trip pleasant. That said this hotel is undergoing renovation and I was put on a floor that was being renovated. The odor was difficult and I was told a fan would be placed to address the issue. The fan was not placed. Also the elevator was used to transport construction material and this was not at all clean. One night I arrived from my work and found the hallway to my room blocked and carpet up. I was disappointed that the hotel would put guests on a floor being renovated. Also the parking is not near the entrance and there is only one light in the parking lot. This made me freel uncomfortable. Please check to see if the renovation is complete before booking. The staff offered to put me in a different room but it was the next to last night of my 4 day stay.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room away from renovation and near and elevator that is not being used for construc...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Betty33958
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suite-Miami/Blue Lagoon location for a 10 day stay with my mother and 7 year old cousin. Even though the hotel was not too far from the airport, I did not seem to hear the planes too often. The hotel was not far from a few fast food places, GNC, Publix's and a gas station. I had never stayed at this branch of the Hilton Family, but will stay again. The have a complimentary breakfast that consist of your normal morning items, but they also include hot items as well. You can't go wrong with the Managers reception which is held from Monday- Thursday. I thought it would consist of something light, but they offered a variety of hot meals, along with a salad, water, lemonade, wines and spirits and cookies. Even though the hotel was going through renovations the staff made sure that the safety of their guest was their number one priority. Great staff! Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is actually my second stay at this hotel. The first was planed for the month of May, but I trip got extended a number of times and I ended up staying there till mid-July so nearly 10 weeks and although the hotel underwent major renovations the staff worked tirelessly to ensure that I never heard a peep and that all services went on without a hitch. They treated me like extended family. Well I had to go back to Miami for a week in mid August and I did not even consider staying ANYWHERE else even on the beach. I will never stay anywhere else in Miami.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Wendell S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for one night during transit, I had previously been informed by the hotel by email that the hotel was going through being refurbished so there was some disruption but this did not bother us and what I could see of the revamp it does look very nice, the pick up from the airport was a bit of a mess, as they could not find our booking and then sent the hotel bus to the right pick up but told us the wrong location, so eventually we jumped in a cab, however the hotel did pick up the tab for this.

We were allocated a suite on the 2nd floor, which was more than big enough for our one night stay, a living area, 2 big size bedrooms each with their own bathroom and a view of the lake from each room, also a small kitchen area, with fridge/freezer, coffee machine, microwave etc, though some of the sockets were not working and some were very loose. They did prove a snack type meal on the evening which was average and filled a hole, again an average breakfast was provided in the morning, but a good hotel to stay for a night or two and very close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We chose this hotel for an overnight layover in Miami. The complementary airport shuttle arrived quickly after we called and the service was excellent. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk clerk knew our name, had me sign a rate card, and handed me a key (30 second check-in....I love it!). The hotel is undergoing renovations, so there is lots of plastic and things are in different places (the breakfast, the lobby store, etc.). Our room was very nicely decorated and looked brand new. It was exceptionally clean and spacious, and it had a great view over the lagoon. The air conditioner kept the room comfortable, and the full kitchen would be very convenient for an extended stay. We had the shuttle driver take us to a local Cuban restaurant for an excellent dinner, and then we headed back to the airport the next morning. I highly recommend this hotel if you need to be near the. Miami airport, or even for use as a Miami vacation home base.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tkbocl
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The one complaint I have is that the hotel is under construction and we were not told before however the room which I assumed is renovated is quite lovely . We have four kids so we took a two bedroom suite it was very comfortable . The kids fit comfortably in the second bedroom. The rooms are large. The kitchenette did not have much supplies. If I did want to cook it would have been difficult. The hotel was staff were very friendly and service was good. The beds are very comfortable. I always look for a suite when traveling as I prefer to booking two rooms and this will definitely stay in my choices as a value for money choice. If you are looking for suites I would say here, the provident doral and grand beach hotel will be some of my picks for traveling with kids . I also have a 20 year old so I am always looking for places with three bedroom suites . I would use this homewood again .

Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
HYATT house Miami Airport
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#45 of 124 in Miami

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!