“Dissapointed in Texas”

Ranked #25 of 123 Hotels in Miami
farmers branch Tx, United States
“Dissapointed in Texas”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Under renovation, in really bad shape. Encountered several problems with cleanliness in rooms that were supposedly already remodeled but still in a very bad shape. Used to be excellent but not anymore.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Stephen P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
We're very sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues you encountered. This is certainly not typical, even while undergoing renovations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and allowing us the chance to follow up with our team. We hope we can invite you back to Miami, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My family and I stayed here when we traveled to Miami for our wedding. We arrived a week before our big day and stayed for a total of 9 days. Arriving to Miami ahead of schedule, we asked if we could check in early, which the hotel allow us to do so. We knew that they served breakfast ahead of time and was surprised when they told us that dinner was served as well, Monday thru Thursday. The breakfast was great, as well as the dinner, though we only ate dinner there once, breakfast just about every day. The hotel was under going renovations, but it did not effect us, with the exception of the slow elevators. Reading other reviews, we were aware of the possible airport noise, but it did not seem to effect us, even though our room face the airport. They could have offered a little more item for preparing meals in room, only 1 knife and a couple of forks, not very many pans or pots. Overall it was a wonderful stay and we would probably stay again.

Room Tip: The Wi Fi is free for only one device, but is available for more if you want to pay the $4.95.
1 Thank royce0869
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We chose this hotel because we have 5 people and needed a suite in a convenient location. I am happy over all about the convenience of location and the value. The lagoon view from our room was very serene, a nice break from the busy Miami city. We stayed on the 4th floor and the room was spacious and has a good layout. However, the hotel was under construction at the time. When I called to see if this will impact our stay, it was stated there should not be since the renovation was then on the guest rooms on lower floors. The floor I booked has been completed. However, when we arrived, the dining area on the first floor was still under construction. The breakfast area was moved to a room on the 2nd floor next to the construction area. Only one front elevator was working. There were constructions close to the 2nd floor dining area/elevator entrance. The same elevator was used for construction as well as for food transport. Carpet was dirty and dusty, elevator was slow, and food room lacked ventilation. I think the environment would be much nicer once all the construction is completed. However, I think there are still areas to be improved on. Despite our room was newly renovated, one of the stove tops was not working and the dish washer was not properly hung. Every day, we need to call to get additional towels. Overall, we do have a pleasant stay and a good family trip.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

For the last few years , we stopover in Miami on our way back from the Caribbean for a few days to do our shopping and have stayed at the Homeward Suites .
The hotel easily accommodates our family of 5 in the rooms , and is very close to the airport and shopping malls.
When I booked , I was advised that the hotel was under renovation , so was expecting some disruption. The lady on front desk kindly checked us in early and gave us a 2bed suite on the ground floor, which was very spacious , clean and had very comfy beds.
Previously , there has always been an ample and delicious breakfast , but this year , it was served in a side room . There wasn't much choice and it wasn't that great tasting. Also this was the first time we tried the Manager's reception .There was some kind of cheese lasagne ( which was overcooked and dry ) , garlic bread and salad . Very disappointing .
Apart from the food , which has definitely gone downhill, the staff are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable .The hotel is in close proximity to all the places we need to visit .

We would definitely visit again next year and look forward to seeing the newly renovated hotel , hopefully with an improved food menu.

Voluntown, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff at this hotel did everything they could to make my trip pleasant. That said this hotel is undergoing renovation and I was put on a floor that was being renovated. The odor was difficult and I was told a fan would be placed to address the issue. The fan was not placed. Also the elevator was used to transport construction material and this was not at all clean. One night I arrived from my work and found the hallway to my room blocked and carpet up. I was disappointed that the hotel would put guests on a floor being renovated. Also the parking is not near the entrance and there is only one light in the parking lot. This made me freel uncomfortable. Please check to see if the renovation is complete before booking. The staff offered to put me in a different room but it was the next to last night of my 4 day stay.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room away from renovation and near and elevator that is not being used for construc...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Betty33958
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suite-Miami/Blue Lagoon location for a 10 day stay with my mother and 7 year old cousin. Even though the hotel was not too far from the airport, I did not seem to hear the planes too often. The hotel was not far from a few fast food places, GNC, Publix's and a gas station. I had never stayed at this branch of the Hilton Family, but will stay again. The have a complimentary breakfast that consist of your normal morning items, but they also include hot items as well. You can't go wrong with the Managers reception which is held from Monday- Thursday. I thought it would consist of something light, but they offered a variety of hot meals, along with a salad, water, lemonade, wines and spirits and cookies. Even though the hotel was going through renovations the staff made sure that the safety of their guest was their number one priority. Great staff! Would stay again.

Stafford Va, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is actually my second stay at this hotel. The first was planed for the month of May, but I trip got extended a number of times and I ended up staying there till mid-July so nearly 10 weeks and although the hotel underwent major renovations the staff worked tirelessly to ensure that I never heard a peep and that all services went on without a hitch. They treated me like extended family. Well I had to go back to Miami for a week in mid August and I did not even consider staying ANYWHERE else even on the beach. I will never stay anywhere else in Miami.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Wendell S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
HYATT house Miami Airport
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#45 of 123 in Miami

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!