“horrible service”

Peacock Garden Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Peacock Garden Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,251 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
fkennedy
“horrible service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

the atmosphere of this restaurant is beautiful, very nice setting but the service was horrible. our waitress never smiled, rolled her eyes when one of our party was trying to decide what to order( this was after she was pregnant so you would think she would have said something nice) it took forever to get our food and the food was just okay nothing great but because of the terrible service i will never go back

4 Thank fkennedy
Lalo D, Owner at Peacock Garden Bistro, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your negative experience at Peacock Garden Cafe, and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. Do you happen to remember your server's name so that we can follow up? We would love to make things right and send you a gift card in hopes that you'll give us another chance to earn your preference and provide you with a five-star experience. Please email ismelda@jaguarhg.com your mailing address and we can send that out to you as soon as possible.

Miami, Florida
“Wedding Reception”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am so disappointed to write this review, however, I do not want anyone else to go through what I went through. We were looking for an affordable, yet beautiful place to celebrate our August wedding and the Peacock Garden Cafe seemed perfect. Ismelda (the person in charge of working with the events) was so nice when we met and she assured us that the Peacock Garden was the perfect place to have our reception. We were so excited because the price per person seemed reasonable compared to other places. The whole planning process (almost 7 months) went smoothly and I was so excited and though that the reception was taken care of. I was very organized with the few details I wanted on my reception and I thoroughly explained what I wanted through emails. However, the day of the event, the staff failed to provide the service they promised. The place is nice, the food was all right, but with all the added fees and for what we received, I did not think it was as good as it should have been. I was a laid back bride and did not let i bother me, but if you are spending almost such a great amount on money on a day, the least you expect is good service from the staff and they were SO rude.
Bottom line is, the restaurant is ok, we actually visited it as regular costumers before and were thrilled with the service and the food and were looking forward to our reception. However, this place is NOT prepared to work in the wedding industry. They advertise it as having room for 250 people (NO WAY!) and to be perfect for weddings. I had a small wedding (85 people) and the staff failed to provide good service. The worst part is that when I contacted them, they called me (and my family and guests) liars and assured our complaints were not valid. If you are a bride looking for a place to have your wedding, look somewhere else and do the math. They do not close the restaurant for you and people can come and go into your reception through the elevator at all times. My video and pictures got ruined by all the strangers coming in and out of the restaurant.

9 Thank Estefanía R
Boca Raton, Florida
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had the corn soup which was great. I had the mushroom ravioli and my wife the lobster. I will say that the lobster was not all that good, but, the ravoli was great. The waiter and the rest of the staff knocked themselves out and were great. We did not go on the jazz night, but, would like to do that some time. Nice historical landmark of early Florida is a hidden gem in the midst of an otherwise modern area of corporate hotels and restaurants.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ShallowMind
ft lauderdale
“what a disaster!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

what a disaster!! we had reservations last nite at 7:30 for 6 people... we were seated in a lovely courtyard... then the nite went downhill... we ordered our drinks and then ordered our meals.. however, we waited 45 minutes before the waiter came back to tell us that the lobster appetizer was unavailable... then lo and behold, behind him came the runner, with the lobster appetizers... so far we have been seated 1 hour.. then there was a swordfish special that was ordered by 3 of the party (ordered at the same time as the appetizers that we waited 45 minutes for). after sitting for 1 1/2 hrs we were told that there was only 1 order of swordfish left... which turned out to be a very small piece-- the other 2 people had to order something else from the menu and then we still waited... by the time we left we had been in the restaurant for 3 hours!! and then the desert, the strawberry shortcake, was not available after we sat for another 1/2 hour before the waiter came to tell us... and the meal was NOT CHEAP-- THE TOTAL BILL FOR 6 WAS $400.00..
AND the manager WOULD NOT COME OUT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY...
the waiter, kevin, did his job, but the restaurant failed him...

4 Thank bobbie l
Redland
“Great outdoor space”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at the Mayfair for a family wedding and had breakfast here. I had been here before for lunch and loved the old Florida garden atmosphere. Breakfast waffles were great. Only drawback was that our coffees were not refilled as often as I like, but still enjoyed a slow paced meal in a great space. Would recommend and come back.

• Visited May 2014