“Reliable hotel at good location.”
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #61 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed here before and will stay again. It is in the middle of the business district of Miami. What you would expect from a JW Marriott. We are MR Platinum and were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Lounge was great. Staff could not have been nicer.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excelent choise in Brickell area, clean and comfy rooms, geat pool. Walking distance to 10 st with great choises of restaurants and close to Bayside Market. Excelent valet parking staff. Definitely we will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ALANA034
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a tennis package, so didn't really know what to expect

Good points
++++++++++
Quiet room
The bars (one with balcony over Brickel) (got back to hotel two minutes before kitchen closed, asked if too late for food, reply "not at all sir")
Breakfast
Great location (at least three restaurants close by that I'd love to eat in again)
The pool, never been in a steel lined pool before, "Oh so warm"

Bad Points
--------------
Can't think of any

Hopefully get to stay there next year (if get replacement tickets for tennis)

Room Tip: Just ask at reception
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a competently run hotel, very well decorated and immaculately maintained with a calm and grown-up atmosphere. Nothing to dislike about the rooms which are well furnished and equipped with everything you might need, including a minibar, coffee machine, bath robes etc. plus the wifi is refreshingly fast. Good pool and fitness facilities as well.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food in the hotel is really very good which has not been my experience in many Marriotts. I ate in the Terraza Café/Bar on three occasions and each time the food was simple but tasty and perfectly prepared. Also the staff here were absolutely great, really friendly and helpful.

The only drawback is that the hotel is in rather a quiet business district with not much going on in the surrounding area which might not suit everyone and I did miss the views over the water that you get from the much less satisfactory ( in all other respects!) Marriott Biscayne. Even though I was on one the highest floors there is not much to see out of the window.

My other niggle was with the baggage staff. The car arrivals area was deserted when I got there early in the morning so I carried my own two rather heavy suitcases up the flight of stairs to the hotel. On leaving it took three increasingly angry requests and 15 minutes to retrieve my bags despite there being five or six guys standing around chatting. The impression you get on arriving and leaving a hotel are pretty important in coloring your views so this really needs attention!

Anyway, overall a very positive experience and a good choice if you want to be in this part of Miami.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had the PLEASURE of staying at the JW Marriott after a month long cruise. Unfortunately both my husband and I were not feeling well and I needed help. When we arrived at the hotel, Gilberto, superb bellman, secured a wheelchair for me. With his help, we got the bags and us to the room. The next day, 100,00 people were leaving Miami the same time as we were. Fortunately for me, Gilberto was once again on call as there was not a taxi (usually lined up outside the hotel) in sight. He walked all the way out onto the street and flagged down a cab and we were on our way. I don't know how I would have made it without his help.

The hotel is beautiful and is ideally located. I can't wait to go back and really enjoy it!

Room Tip: I asked for one near the elevator which was great.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

When you walk in, the lobby is very nice and upscale. Valet parking was an additional $30/night.

Located in downtown Miami. Not too many restaurants within walking distance but Little Havana and South Beach are short 15 minute drive away. We were there to go the Sony Open and it was only about a 15 minute drive to the main parking lot.

Rooms were quiet, clean and furnished nicely. The bathrooms have also been updated. A few options for dinner and drinks inside the hotel. Drinks will run you about $12/cocktail.

Nice amenities – gym, spa and pool located on the 7th floor.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family and I spent one night at JW Marriott Miami before our cruise. I had never stayed there in the past but I had read many positive reviews on Trip advisor and other travel sites, so I decided to give it a try.

The first impression was when my driver pull up to the main entrance, few men came out and they were ready to take my bags and guided me to the check in counter. They were very efficient and courteous. Not wasting any time.

At the check-in counter, the agent was also very polite. All my requests were full filled. She had also answered the questions that I had. It went very smooth. No problem whatsoever. The check-in process took less than five minutes.

My bags arrived in less than five minutes, all the items showed up.

We ordered room service. Sine I had ordered quite a bit of food, the lady on the phone repeated the order to me before she hung up. Very good at paying attention to details. The food arrived within 40 minutes, all the food were there, nothing was left out. The food was still hot and they were pretty good.

The bed however was a bit small to call it Queen size. It was more like a double bed. It could also be a little too hard for some people who are used to softer mattress.

The hotel has a nice gym but not enough free weight. The pool was a nice size. The water temperature was perfect.

The next morning, I had ordered breakfast for room service. Good breakfast!! Arrived within 30 minutes. Check-out was also smooth. No waiting in line. Since I had quite a bit of luggage, the front desk had sent a bell boy to take them down for me.

JW is a nice hotel but it looks like it needs a face-lifted in some area in order to compete with others. Don't take me wrong, this is still a very nice hotel which I would recommend others to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family