“Excellent rooms, service and food”
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #45 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Excellent rooms, service and food”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for a week. We booked 2 adjoining rooms - 1 kingsize bed for me and my husband and 1 with 2 double beds for our kids and my mum. We were very pleased to be given rooms on the 7th floor that opened out to the pool - they were fantastic. Get back from a day out then don your togs, open the patio door and let the kids run into the wonderfully warm pool!
We had a couple of minor problems in one of the rooms but the staff at reception acted like lightning to sort them out and gave us some vouchers for breakfast to compensate too.
We ate breakfast in the hotel every day, the buffet was more than adequate, the kids (free breakfast for under 6s and only $8 for under 12s) absolutely loved it and ate loads! We did have the wholewheat french toast with berries off the a la carte menu one day too and it was delicious, highly recommended.
We also ate in the Terrace restaurant a couple of times - kids menus were provided and the lunches were really tasty and looked great when served too. Service was always excellent, whoever served us - couldn't fault it.
We used the gym (also on the 7th floor) excellent quality machines (didn't use the free weights) all equipped with towels and water.
I was expecting a business hotel that wasn't going to cope well with my noisy kids for a week but how wrong I was. It was mainly a business hotel - it's in the heart of the district, but it's walking distance to any public transport and really close to the buzz of Mary Brickell plaza which has great restaurants, bars and some cool shops too. Overall we loved staying here and if my husband gets invited to work in Miami again next year we will be reserving the same rooms!

Room Tip: 7th floor is where the pool is - great for families
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Newton, MA
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed here before and will stay again. It is in the middle of the business district of Miami. What you would expect from a JW Marriott. We are MR Platinum and were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Lounge was great. Staff could not have been nicer.

GUAYNABO
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excelent choise in Brickell area, clean and comfy rooms, geat pool. Walking distance to 10 st with great choises of restaurants and close to Bayside Market. Excelent valet parking staff. Definitely we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ALANA034
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a tennis package, so didn't really know what to expect

Good points
++++++++++
Quiet room
The bars (one with balcony over Brickel) (got back to hotel two minutes before kitchen closed, asked if too late for food, reply "not at all sir")
Breakfast
Great location (at least three restaurants close by that I'd love to eat in again)
The pool, never been in a steel lined pool before, "Oh so warm"

Bad Points
--------------
Can't think of any

Hopefully get to stay there next year (if get replacement tickets for tennis)

Room Tip: Just ask at reception
Paris
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a competently run hotel, very well decorated and immaculately maintained with a calm and grown-up atmosphere. Nothing to dislike about the rooms which are well furnished and equipped with everything you might need, including a minibar, coffee machine, bath robes etc. plus the wifi is refreshingly fast. Good pool and fitness facilities as well.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food in the hotel is really very good which has not been my experience in many Marriotts. I ate in the Terraza Café/Bar on three occasions and each time the food was simple but tasty and perfectly prepared. Also the staff here were absolutely great, really friendly and helpful.

The only drawback is that the hotel is in rather a quiet business district with not much going on in the surrounding area which might not suit everyone and I did miss the views over the water that you get from the much less satisfactory ( in all other respects!) Marriott Biscayne. Even though I was on one the highest floors there is not much to see out of the window.

My other niggle was with the baggage staff. The car arrivals area was deserted when I got there early in the morning so I carried my own two rather heavy suitcases up the flight of stairs to the hotel. On leaving it took three increasingly angry requests and 15 minutes to retrieve my bags despite there being five or six guys standing around chatting. The impression you get on arriving and leaving a hotel are pretty important in coloring your views so this really needs attention!

Anyway, overall a very positive experience and a good choice if you want to be in this part of Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had the PLEASURE of staying at the JW Marriott after a month long cruise. Unfortunately both my husband and I were not feeling well and I needed help. When we arrived at the hotel, Gilberto, superb bellman, secured a wheelchair for me. With his help, we got the bags and us to the room. The next day, 100,00 people were leaving Miami the same time as we were. Fortunately for me, Gilberto was once again on call as there was not a taxi (usually lined up outside the hotel) in sight. He walked all the way out onto the street and flagged down a cab and we were on our way. I don't know how I would have made it without his help.

The hotel is beautiful and is ideally located. I can't wait to go back and really enjoy it!

Room Tip: I asked for one near the elevator which was great.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

When you walk in, the lobby is very nice and upscale. Valet parking was an additional $30/night.

Located in downtown Miami. Not too many restaurants within walking distance but Little Havana and South Beach are short 15 minute drive away. We were there to go the Sony Open and it was only about a 15 minute drive to the main parking lot.

Rooms were quiet, clean and furnished nicely. The bathrooms have also been updated. A few options for dinner and drinks inside the hotel. Drinks will run you about $12/cocktail.

Nice amenities – gym, spa and pool located on the 7th floor.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple