“Mixed feelings about this hotel...”
Review of JW Marriott Miami

JW Marriott Miami
Ranked #50 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Birmingham
“Mixed feelings about this hotel...”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed pre cruise, check in lady was rude and v.abrupt. Room was really nice and spacious and v. clean. Ate in bar area on evening food and service excellent. Breakfast was awful, wasn't explained how it worked, no clean bowls for cereal despite asking twice, no English breakfast tea, waiter was no help, couldn't understand that we did not want coffee - for America the service was shocking. Pity as the service the evening before was very good. If I stayed here again (unlikely) I would find somewhere else for breakfast!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We extend our sincerest apologies that you were disappointed by our service and your stay with us. The management teams in the departments you mentioned have been alerted and your insights have been shared directly with them and our associates. If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay and your schedule permits a brief conversation, please call me directly at 305.329.3500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel right on Miami Downtown, beautiful views and excellent location.
We got a bay view suite, with breathtaking views, the room was really nice, with a quite large (60" ? ) screen, and even a TV embedded on the bathroom mirror.

We were given access to the concierge lounge, which was nice for breakfast since we were almost alone. The breakfast itself was ok, not too much variety, but it was good. Again with an awesome view of the bay.

The reason why i didn't gave 5 star rating to this hotel is due to a couple of annoyances:

- there was a buzzing sound on the room from the bathroom fan, which cannot be switch off.
- Upon our arrival e found a few nail clippings on the bathroom floor (yikes!) from the last guests.
- valet parking was quite expensive (~40 USD per day), but i guess that'd due to being in downtown.

But i will definitely come back, since all in all it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a bay view superior room if budget allows.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to our cruise. We arrived around 1pm and were able to check in. The valet staff and front desk staff were very friendly and professional. The lobby is beautiful, everything, both public areas and our room was very clean. Our room was spacious, the king size bed was very comfortable with nice linens. There was a scale in the bathroom, nice touch. I also liked the make up mirror. The hotel is centrally located, a few blocks from a very hip Brickell Ave area with nice selection of restaurants and bars, about 1 1/2 mile from Bayside Marketplace, touristy but fun, with a view of the cruise ships in the distance. The rate at this Marriott was quite a bit less than the at the Marriott closer to the port, and I was very happy with our choice. Breakfast buffet was very well laid out with a wonderful selection of baked goods, an omelette station, fresh fruit, etc. I felt that the $15.00 price was fair for the quality and for the service and view. The only issue we had occurred when I called for bellman service and was told it would take 10 minutes. After 20 minutes I called back and was told it would be longer and I could not be given an estimate, as I was "6th in queue." At that point, my husband and I decided to take our luggage down ourselves. When we mentioned something at the front desk we were treated rather indifferently. I understand that the hotel was very busy with everyone needing to leave at the same time but if I had been given accurate information the first time, I would have avoided the confusion and would not have ended our stay on a sour note. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've stayed here twice - once on business for 3 nights in September 2012, the other time on vacation with my boyfriend for 2 nights in November 2013. On both occasions it was spectacular. A truly glamorous hotel with great staff, exceptional views, a very central location. The rooms are luxurious, sexy, comfortable and extraordinarily spacious.

A bit pricey but COMPLETELY worth the splurge!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get an ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah c
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for a week. We booked 2 adjoining rooms - 1 kingsize bed for me and my husband and 1 with 2 double beds for our kids and my mum. We were very pleased to be given rooms on the 7th floor that opened out to the pool - they were fantastic. Get back from a day out then don your togs, open the patio door and let the kids run into the wonderfully warm pool!
We had a couple of minor problems in one of the rooms but the staff at reception acted like lightning to sort them out and gave us some vouchers for breakfast to compensate too.
We ate breakfast in the hotel every day, the buffet was more than adequate, the kids (free breakfast for under 6s and only $8 for under 12s) absolutely loved it and ate loads! We did have the wholewheat french toast with berries off the a la carte menu one day too and it was delicious, highly recommended.
We also ate in the Terrace restaurant a couple of times - kids menus were provided and the lunches were really tasty and looked great when served too. Service was always excellent, whoever served us - couldn't fault it.
We used the gym (also on the 7th floor) excellent quality machines (didn't use the free weights) all equipped with towels and water.
I was expecting a business hotel that wasn't going to cope well with my noisy kids for a week but how wrong I was. It was mainly a business hotel - it's in the heart of the district, but it's walking distance to any public transport and really close to the buzz of Mary Brickell plaza which has great restaurants, bars and some cool shops too. Overall we loved staying here and if my husband gets invited to work in Miami again next year we will be reserving the same rooms!

Room Tip: 7th floor is where the pool is - great for families
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Newton, MA
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed here before and will stay again. It is in the middle of the business district of Miami. What you would expect from a JW Marriott. We are MR Platinum and were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Lounge was great. Staff could not have been nicer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GUAYNABO
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excelent choise in Brickell area, clean and comfy rooms, geat pool. Walking distance to 10 st with great choises of restaurants and close to Bayside Market. Excelent valet parking staff. Definitely we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family