“Good Experience”

Ranked #36 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My cousin and I stayed at the Marriott Miami Airport on our way home from Key West. The person taking my reservation was so helpful and answered all of my questions. We had our bags taken up to our room by the bellman Eddy and he was so nice and accommodating. When we had to return our rental car, Eddy gave us directions to the airport. We then ate at the restaurant there and had a lovely meal of grouper. So delicious!! Our wake up call came at exactly the time we requested. We were only there overnight but it was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Be careful when choosing an airport hotel. We were directed to a hotel in a more industrial area an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jbecker2014
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests, and it truly means a lot to us when our guests are willing to recommend us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Location is wonderful -- close to airport and other Marriott properties. Airport shuttle scheduled to run every 15 minutes unless there is traffic and then it can be 30 minutes between shuttles. If you have a very early flight be warned that first shuttle is at 4:50 AM and a cab ride runs about $10. Rooms were noisy and we could hear every plane taking off and landing. Front desk staff were indifferent. My calls to the front desk and to the operator were not answered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that your calls to the front desk were not answered promptly. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. I have sharedyour experience with my Front Desk team, and we are taking immediate corrective steps to improve our processes. I hope that we can welcome you back to experience our improved service.
Wales
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip, hotel is a couple of miles from the Airport and a free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes which serves all 3 Marriott hotels on the complex. As you would expect for an airport hotel there's not a lot around the area but there are a couple of Cuban café/restaurants near by, we ate in the one next to the entrance which was very good.
The hotel itself is clean & efficient and the staff without exception were friendly & helpful, rooms were of a good size and everything worked!
The Champions sports bar had a good atmosphere and was a nice meeting place for breakfast and other meals.
The pool was also a nice area but is shared with another hotel
If visiting Miami you will either definitely need a car or cash for taxis as the hotel doesn't run a shuttle service except to the mall, but that stops at all the hotels and takes about 50 minutes and is quite a frustrating journey.
The only downside was the air conditioning, particularly in the champions bar which was much too cold and couldn't switch it off completely in my room.
All in all a very good hotel and an enjoyable stay

1 Thank grinch99
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities. I am sorry to hear that Champions was so cold. I have spoken with our engineering team to correct the issue. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here again for a quick overnight. I've actually stayed here several times!
We had a great corner room. Quiet, comfortable beds and great amenities.
Everything was great!!!

The only thing that was kind of annoying was that I had asked for extra bath towels and we never recieved them.

Everything else was great and I would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review, and thank you for your loyalty. I am so sorry to hear you did not receive the towels that you requested. I have shared your feedback with the team, and we are taking immediate action to correct our process. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Landed here after flight was canceled. And that is probably the main reason for this Marriott location. Could not be any closer to the airport. Perfect for passengers on layover or needing an early morning flight.

A longer stay might test your patience as it is quite noisy. You could see the rush hour traffic on the Dolphin Expressway. See and hear the planes taking off, sometimes within a couple of minutes of each other.

Transportation:
Free shuttle bus is clearly visible, with red and white colors, the Marriott logo and the '1201 Lejeune' on the front. Does circuit about 20min. Pickup on concourse 2.

Be sure to remind driver about your airline. Mine blew past the American Airlines counter and I had to walk back from the international terminal.

Impatient travelers could take the blue taxis that charge a flat $11 fee. Will get you to the hotel in 10 min.

Dining:
Nothing fancy. Limited menu that will get you through till the next day. Workflow is a little disorganized. One main server will take your order and assistants will switch plates in and out.

There is nothing really deficient about this Marriott. It does its job well and that is to serve the airport overflow.

Room Tip: Planespotting is excellet with rooms on the Dolphin Expressway side.
2 Thank Lapster2011
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that you were not dropped off at the correct gate. I have shared your feedback with the drivers to ensure we do not create similar experiences for any furture guests. I hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time a visit to Miami calls for a hotel close to the airport.
Worcester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the pleasure of visiting this Marriott for a one week stay. I do not travel often, however, believe that people can make all the difference.

Intimidated by the traffic, hustle and bustle on the roadways and stifled with a back injury, my dining options were limited. Needless to say, I found myself greeted with 2 big smiles from 2 fabulous bartenders with contagious positive energy at the Cane Fire Grill. I felt welcomed by friends and taken care of by excellent servers.

One night, I forgot to grab the receipt for expensing. When I stopped in for dinner the following night, within mins of mentioning this to Ira, a copy was delivered to me. Rose also greeted me with a smile and infectious laughter as well as pleasant and genuine conversation, like we had been friends for a very long time. The food was excellent, service was prompt and the atmosphere was quaint.

I was also delighted that my my maid/ room attendant noticed the smallest of details...I don't like my sheets tucked in, I changed my temp in the room, and I like to conserve on towel usage. She respected all of those little things, just by being aware. The valet gentleman even helped with me directions to minimize my stress and made sure I got where I needed to go!

Thank you Marriott staff. My stay was excellent. If I return to Miami, I will definitely come back!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback, and have shared your kind words with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Miami
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great place for hangout and relax - of course big screen helps !
have been visiting Miami for over 1.5 years and stay at Marriott Airport location 90% of the times. Favorite hangout place on weekdays, great service - do want to mention Shantell and Kate - they have probably introduced all new beers which hit the bar (at Champions) in last 1.5 years - and I am liking it. Kate has incredible sense of humor, and Shantell will always make you feel its all beautiful even if you had the worst day at work. Genuine comments - trust me I have been coming here for 1.5 years.

Room Tip: This Marriott compound has 3 hotels (marriott, courtyard and residence inn) - you have options even...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dennis t, Manager at Courtyard Miami Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you've been staying with us for the past year and a half. We truly appreciate your loyalty. Katelynn and Shantell are excellent associates that personify the service we strive to offer.
I agree, our new video wall and craft beers make Champions a nice place to enjoy a game along with some good food & drink. We look forward to welcoming you back.