Kimpton EPIC Hotel(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$135
Kimpton
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$270
Hotels.com
W Miami(Miami)
US$270
WHotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$102
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$138
  • Restaurant
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$197
US$153
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoconut grovevalet parkingcourtyard marriottbayshore drivestarbucks coffeewet barsmall bathroomhigh risewithin walking distancebiscayne bayrestaurants and shopstennis courtsan older propertykey biscaynecoral gablesbay viewan upgrade
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night before our cruise (the brickwell hotel was full) and we thought it was pretty good. The location is pretty good as you can walk to the marina and to coco walk (about 15 min walk). This is a SMALL ouside mall that has 5 restaurants and maybe 10 store including gap tervis crocs etc. walk an addl 5 min and there is the cvs.

The hotel is right across a marina which has a fresh market, Monty's seafood, charter house, and Scotty's landing. We went to Scotty's landing for dinner and it was ok food but the best part is the restaurant is on the water. While we were there, they had a band playing.

Based on the above, the location is good for short stays (1 to 2 days) but if you want the beach then I would stay closer as there is always traffic and u have to pay for parking everywhere. Note valet parking is 24.40 here

• Stayed: May 2014
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. We look forward to your return to the Grove.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Let me first state that as a Marriott Platinum rewards member I think I have the required expertise of staying in many Marriott properties including courtyards to make this review.

Housekeeping: Good: The rooms were clean: BAD: Anyone who travels knows that the housekeeping staff will use the slide lock to keep the door open when there are cleaning a room. I have not problem with this practice. however, no one wants to come back to there room in the late afternoon and see that housekeeping did not lock the door behind them and kept the lock extended to keep the door open. Luckily no one entered the room and stole anything. First I looked all over the hotel floor to see if maybe they were around in another nearby room. I could not find anyone from housekeeping on the floor. When I went down to the front desk, the front desk attendant showed little concern and just calmly stated "I will let housekeeping know".

Rooms: Rooms are extremely small compared to most other courtyards. Also, there are little tiny gnats flying around the rooms that are annoying to say the least. I was travelling with a group of family members so I had the opportunity to be in several rooms on several different floors, all rooms had the same gnat problems

Bathrooms: Again extremely small, virtually no counter space to set your overnight toiletries bag(s). If you are traveling as a single then the room size won't be an issue but be advise any more than 2 to a room will be uncomfortable.

Amenities: Most courtyard's offer Starbuck's in the bistro along with other food and beverage items. While I don't like the Bistro concept Marriott has gone to it is a good alternative to no restaurant at all. Anyway, in every single courtyard I have stayed in, other than the Coconut Grove property, there is usually house brand coffee and ice water available in the lobby for guests. this property had no coffee for guests. With the prices this courtyard charges compared to other courtyards I would expect a little extra, but not here.

Pool: the pool area is a plus for the hotel. The pool, is nice, it is clean and there are ample chairs. the one thing the management should do is to ask guests not to bring bottles near the pool. Every day I witnessed people bringing bottled beers to the deck area. This is very dangerous and the hotel should make it clear with a sign that no bottles allow in pool area.

This same review will be forwarded to Marriott customer service. I realize they can't do anything about the room size, but issues with housekeeping, lack of services etc. should be acknowledged.

Will not stay here again. Sorry there are too many other properties

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mw45140
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I have shared with all departments to address your concerns (in particular the comments regarding rooms security, front desk response to issues and the gnats).

I'm sorry the experience wasn't up to your expectations and we do hope you give us another try so that we can improve upon your experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was very different from the cookie cuter courtyards I usually stay at. The rooms are so small! The are also very dated and in need of a facelift. The balcony was in serious need of de-rusting and needed a paint job. The pool area however was very nice. A decent but expensive supermarket across the street made up for the lack of choices at the hotel bistro.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank irishlv
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like it was good overall but we've got some room to improve. I'll definitely share with the team and hopefully we can improve on your next visit when you return to the Grove.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This property is very near the trendy "Grove" area of Coconut Grove. It is about a $15 cab ride to downtown or Bayfront/AA Arena.

The Pros: Friendly door and valet staff, quick valet service, great food from the Bistro. Great location.

The Cons: I was not recognized as a Marriott Gold Elite member at check-in and therefore no perks associated with this status was offered. You MUST valet park or use the city owned parking garage. Bistro pricing is a bit steep for what is offered. Bistros service is slow. We had to request our room to be made up (after 5pm) on second day of stay. Our room was very small.

We come to Miami for 2 days each month. Would we stay again? Yes, but this property would not be our first choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken and Karen C
Thomas L, Manager at Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We do occasionally have to use the smaller rooms. I'll pass along your comments to our Valet staff and we look forward to your return to the Grove.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here for a wedding in March, 2014. I thought the rooms were very small, especially for 4 people getting ready for a wedding. Other than that, the rooms were clean and the staff were very nice and courteous. The location was great. It was within walking distance to the shops in Coconut Grove and it was close to the water. I would say a 15 minute walk with a side walk. The pool area was OK. It was plain, but there is an updated bistro near the pool with an outside sitting area (did not eat at the bistro). There is a lot of construction in the area and our balcony overlooked an apartment building that was being renovated. We were there on the weekend, so no noise. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie B

Thank you for your review and I'm glad that the exprience was an overall positive one. We agree that the renovation of the condos next door is a challenge, however, I'm told the noisy part is done. We look forward to your return to the Grove!