“Great surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Great surprise”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

When looking for a hotel close to where we wanted to be, this hotel was the best choice. I was a little apprehensive. It is a gem in the rough. The staff was very courteous, the room was clean, and it was quiet. The breakfast was good and as always the staff was very helpful . The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and adequate. I would recommend this hotel. I would recommend this hotel. .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you!!!

we love that this hotel was a nice surprise to you!!!
thank you for your high marks in service and cleanliness! this is great!
I am glad that you loved those beds!
thank you for recommending our hotel to others! this is wonderful!
your loyalty is our greatest reward!

safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Prospect, Cayman Islands
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hotel is a small hotel, good location for walking around Dadeland. Clean and staff courteous. Good beds. Breakfast was fairly good. Could have provided more fruit options. It was good to know that coffee was provided all day. It was a quiet, pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you!!!

love the tittle you chose to head this review!

your recommending this hotel to others is music to our ears! it tells us that we are doing our job! to be the premier location for all travelers coming into the dadeland area! this is great!
I will share your comments with my team in this week's manager's meeting!

safe travels!
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My first impression of this hotel was that it is in some serious need of updating (I do work with a 5 Star Luxury Hotel in the Caribbean so my expectations are always high so I may have been a little biased) The bathroom especially is very out-dated. There is a 'big' mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker available in the room. To be very honest when I first checked in I had made up my mind to stay at another hotel when visiting Miami, however, by the time my trip ended I was sad to be leaving. Pedro and Alphonso at the Front Desk are SUPER pleasant and extremely friendly. They were more than happy to assist myself and my travel partner. Since it was our first time in Miami, we had ALOT of questions, however they never made us feel like we were a bother. They serve a full breakfast from 6am to 10am which has a wide variety of breakfast items, all very tasty and convenient. It would have been nice if there was a restaurant at this location but we didn't really miss it as Dadeland Mall is close by and Target is right next door. The great staff and proximity to good shopping has me loving this place and I will be back!

I love it!!!!

thank you for your feedback! the fact that you work with 5 star luxury hotels is great!
every hotel is the same,,, (at least in my mind) the staff is what makes the difference!

and your review is proof of that!

we may not have marble floors like at the Ritz,,, but we sure make up for it when you come across our staff on duty, we are not in the business of satisfying anyone! we are in the business of creating loyalty! this is the difference here!

thank you for taking the time to write in you review.

we will be honored to host your next visit!

Safe Travels!
Langhorne, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We enjoyed the hotel but the breaking into of our car spoiled it...the staff is great and understanding. The food for breakfast was decent. Overall the hotel was very nice, and we felt the location was very good. We do think that the major problem only was there really wasn't any security, and plenty of signs stating park at our own risk. I believe after this, they will be better considering our car was not the only one broken into that evening, there were two. The police said it happens all the time, so be smart and don't leave any valuables in your car. The hotel itself was truly one of the better Hamptons......

Dear Reviewer -

thank you for your feedback! I love that despite a sour taste having your car broken into you are able to say that the staff is understanding and caring !! this is important to hear!
it is a shame that this happened to your car while you were staying here with us...
It is not a norm to have security officers roam the parking lot as we are not responsible for guests' items left in cars... BUT, we take these incidents very seriously and we have a trained team to always assist and help you in these situations. Again, our apologies for what happened and we sincerely hope that you give us an opportunity again when your travels bring you down to Miami-Dadeland
Maitland
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Hampton Family. This is one of my favorite hotels to stay for business travel. They staff always see to my needs and are extremely friendly. It is a good location for my business trip and I have been staying at this location for almost 12 years now. The hotel is in easy walking distance to great shopping and dining.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
WOW!!!
Thank you for your kind review!
I love your loyalty! we do not work for anything else here other than your loyalty - it is our greatest reward!!!!

we are very pleased that once again you had a wonderful stay and that you believe that this hotel is of great value to you!

we hope that you come back soon!
I will share your note with our staff in this week's manager's meeting!

Carlos
Joliet, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Hotel staff was so friendly -- both from making my reservation to check in until check out. Clean rooms. Convenient location was close to the mall, restaurants and expressway. Always recognized me as a Hilton member! I will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ccolloca, General Manager at Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you!!!

We love your review!!!! thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.com
I will share your comments with the team in this week's manager's meeting!
Your loyalty is our greatest reward!
We hope you continue to use the outstadning accomodation at the Hampton Inn MIami Dadeland Hotel
Safe Travels!
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This dumpy hotel is a member of the Hampton Inns which I consider to be a nice alternative to larger more feature rich hotels in the Miami area. Unfortunately, apparently cleanliness is not next to Godliness in their opinion.

The carpets from the lobby are filthy, the rooms are drab and quite tired looking. And top this off, the parking situation is atrocious- like, non existent after 11 PM on some evenings. Interestingly, they have (in their wisdom of hotel management), determined that a good time to mop the floors is when the breakfast buffet starts!

I stayed four nights and noted that the one trash can in the room was never emptied- housekeeping should be revisited in my opinion.

On the plus side, most of the staff is nice and helpful. Rates are cheap but as the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for", It is certainly true here.

Hamptons are generally very good value for the money one pays, this one IS NOT!!

Room Tip: Yes, get a room elsewhere!!!