Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
US$304
US$237
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$149
Hilton.com
US$154
US$133
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$202
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$105
InterContinental Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$270
1,153 results
All reviewsdadeland areafront deskbreakfast areacomplimentary breakfastclean roomswithin walking distanceeasy accesshousekeeping staffhome away from homekey westyogurtdolphin mallcoral gablesconvenient locationshuttle servicefree shuttleinns
Reviewed 18 March 2009

This place was completely ordinary, right down the the well-worn rooms. Why this shows up at #14 in Miami is a complete mystery to me. Room was pretty beat up, though relatively clean. Check in staff was very friendly, but the warnings about car safety were disconcerting. When our key card ceased to function, another staff member fixed the card for us, but without asking for any ID...just took the room-number and reprogrammed the card. We could have told her any room number and she would just have given us a key. Not so great. Location was pretty bad...wedged between a highway and a mall. Many confusing highways all around....tough to get going in the right direction.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AmySRQ
Reviewed 7 March 2009

Stayed in this hotel for one night. I was in town on business, so the things most important to me are internet connection, work-out room and cleanliness. The internet connection was strong my entire stay, the workout room was poor and the hotel was spotless throughout. Overall my experience was positive, just not overwhelming.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank maninmirror
Reviewed 11 July 2008

We stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn / Dadeland over a weekend. There were an overwhelming number of positives for this hotel. Most of all and first of all, the staff were professional friendly, and eager to ensure our stay was a pleasant experience. The room and common areas were clean, and there was no chemical odor from cleaners or disinfectants. The beds were fairly comfortable, even the fold-out couch I slept on. Despite a full hotel, all the guests were quiet, and we never had a problem with noise or really any sounds from other guests.

Problems were few... we were on the 4th floor and the wireless internet service was spotty. The connection dropped almost as soon as it was made. The staff tried to help but it may have been a problem with our location in the building. Had this been a business trip, I would have requested a room closer to the lobby for better wireless service.

Another thing was a misreporting of available space by the Hampton Inn website. Hamptonnn.hilton.com consistently told us that for the few nights we were there, the hotel had at least one nonsmoking room with two doubles available, when in fact the hotel had no such rooms open. We accepted a room with a king bed and a fold-out sofa. The staff were very apologetic about the repeated error, and I don't fault them at all - it's clearly a problem with Hampton/Hilton's online reservation system.

One last positive from a very negative situation we had. My wife had a very sudden and very unexpected medical emergency at 345am the last night of our stay there. After I ensured she was stable, I phoned the front desk in a half-panic. Even at that late hour, the phone was answered within two rings and the man who answered was very alert, he listened carefully, got my request right the first time, stayed calm, and arranged for Miami Fire and Rescue to call me - which they did within the next 60 seconds. In another ten minutes, the EMS crew was in our room and in short order my wife was taken to nearby Baptist Hospital, which for us was an excellent choice. (My wife is fine now, thank the Lord.)

During all this, the Hampton staff I dealt with were helpful and concerned. Even with shift changes, every staff person I dealt with was up to speed on what was going on with us, and they worked with me for the late checkout time I needed later that day.

Of course we'd rather have spent our last night in Miami at the Dadeland Hampton Inn than at the $1,000-plus a night hospital room we ended up in, but for this Hampton's great service and their professional help in a frightening time, we were most grateful.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CenTxVanDriver
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Overall an excellent choice for a few days in Miami. Lovely room, very helpful staff and a great free breakfast including cereals, fruit, pastries, hot biscuits, waffles, sausage patties etc.

Loads of free parking.

Very close to Dadeland Mall and approximately half an hours drive to South Beach.

We had difficulty finding the place, but we're not used to driving in the US and had just come off a 9 hour flight!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swivellingmonk
Reviewed 25 March 2008

It was a nice stay for us.

The plus points: It is quiet, clean, comfortable and affordable. At the complimentary breakfast the fruits are fresh and the coffee of a decent quality.

The negative points: While it is fairly close to the shopping malls and the metro, the access is not walk-friendly. One needs a car esp as the 'hotel shuttle' appears to do little shuttling. One needs a car to get around. And yes, the hot breakfast is worth a skip.

In the final analysis, we had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Jose C