“EXCELLENT AS USUAL!”

Ranked #17 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“EXCELLENT AS USUAL!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is always excellent. Due to location close to University of Miami campus, we stay here often. The hotel and rooms are always clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are a nice touch...always a good selection with fresh food. The occasional "happy hours" are a nice plus. Check in and check out process quick and no nonsense.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear 467kennethd,

Thank you for your loyalty and great comments. We try hard to provide all of our guest with excellent service, and I am glad to know it has always been that way with you. I am glad to know you enjoyed the breakfast and Manager's reception/happy hour.

We hope to see you soon!

Thanks,

Hampton Inn Coconut grove/ Coral Gables

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
london
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice hotel - nice free breakfast too.
The rooms were a nice size and the bathrooms were lovely.
You are a five minute walk from Coconut grove metrorail station.
Coco Walk is a 15 minute walk in a safe area - with restaurants and a few shops.
I didnt use the pool but had a look - seemed nice enough with sun loungers and a shower there for guests to use.
There is a room with tourist information in it.
There are safes that store your belongings in reception.
I found the front desk to be very helpful.
There is a room with all tourist brochures - so people can help themselves.
I do feel that the hotel is missing out on not having a evening restaurant on site - that would be perfect.
A nice stay here at Hampton Inn, Coconut Grove.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear julieannboo,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your ratings and comments to tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you found the rooms to be comfortable, and that you enjoyed breakfast and the convenient location. Pool is available for you next time you come back to visit.

See you soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved this Hotel. The Staff was absolutely wonderful and especially accommodating. We were there with our two children and another couple who had three. We met some wonderful people. The gym was perfect size for a quick workout and I loves that I could see out to the pool area. Loved the breakfast buffet, the kids especially loves making their own waffles. We all felt safe and secure. Will decently stay there again!'nn

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sherpaschick
Dear Sherpaschick,

Thank you for your comments and ratings, I am glad the hamptonality of our staff was in full effect and that you found our hotel to be comfortable and secure.
Thank you also for your recommendations, see you soon!

Cordially,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for my son's graduation they have a nightly reception with complementary food and drinks which was great. i also recieved great service from Scarlin in the breakfast area. she actually heard me speaking with my husband about ice water and gave me some. Chondra at the desk was so polite to me and my family during check in and check out. i would recommend this property and stay againon my next visit

Dear Jacqueline S,

Congratulations on your son's graduation!
We are really glad you found our hotel to be great for your visits to UM, Our Free breakfast, Free parking, Free internet access and Manager's reception make us the best value in the area. I will share your comments with Chondra, and Scarlin, I am sure they will be happy to know they took care of you in such a manner to elicit your praise.

See you soon!

Broklyn Park, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice hotel. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Location is not that desirable, but a short drive from some good food and the bay. Slow internet severely handicapped my business stay. It seems to me for $139 a night, I should get faster internet than I can get for free from McDonald's or Starbucks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Forrest F,

Thank you for taking the time to submitt your comments and ratings. I apologize the high speed internet was not up to your needs. Our standard complimentary 2Mbps download works for the most part, but understanding that it is not enough for business people who may need to download large files in a short period of time we have scheduled a brand upgrade for more width, which should be completed in the next couple of months. I appreciate your comments regarding the facilities and hospitality of our team. COme back to visit, once the upgrade is up I am sure we can serve you the way you deserve to be serve.

Regards,

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was in town for work in downtown Miami. The location and value from this hotel makes it well worth a look if you're in the area. about 1 mile from the waterfront with access to running trails in all directions. The downside to this place is the internet. the signal was slow and dropped out fairly constantly on my phone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Miguel V, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Matthew O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your ratings and comments. We are glad to know that our location was convenient for you to get to your destinations. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered with regards to internet connection. We have scheduled a second upgrade with AT&T which should take place within the next two months.
Thanks again, and come back to visit.

Regards,

SKOFJA LOKA, Slovenia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is in a great and save location. Offers exellent breakfast, wifi is good. There is also fitness and a pool and tub with warm water. You can park for free and car is really save - hotel has a garage which you can open only with your room card. Only 100 m away is Burger King, Subway, Food market, Gas station, Dunken donats... On the other side of Dixie road there is rail station Coconut grove. One station away you can find Science Museum and Vizcaya gardens and museum. Maybe 5-10 minuts drive there is few shooping malls with Target, Walmart, Macys... Staff in hotel is extremely nice and helpful. All I missed is safety depozit box in a room. But you can hire it for free in a lobby.

Dear Tatjana P,

Thank you for your raving ratings and comments. We are glad to know you had a great stay, we certainly look forward to see you during your next visit to South Florida.