“Great but not fantastic”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #4 of 122 Hotels in Miami
London
“Great but not fantastic”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay here however for me I found the location really more suited to a business trip than leisure. Service was excellent apart from a queue to check in which after a long flight one can do without. I found the spa quite disappointing- expensive for what it it. I guess having stayed in other Mandarin Hotels around the world it lacked the wow factor for me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonGipsy
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I will address the lapses in service you encountered with the front office and Spa staff. I regret that we did not provide the level of service we strive to extend to all our guests and I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and make immediate improvements.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although, we regret that we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, we value and respect your opinion and hope you will reconsider and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Jorge Gonzalez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We love the Mandarin Oriental and always try and stay at a Mandarin property when traveling. The Miami Mandarin has become almost our second home when we are in Miami for shopping and summer retreats to the stunning pool or beach. It's located on Brickell Key away from the madness of South Beach and downtown Miami but is still walking distance to the Brickell Village with many dinning options and shops. South Beach is just a 20 min drive over the causeway if you have an itch to shop and walk Lincoln. The view of Key Biscayne is breathtaking. The spa makes the top Five list for me and I have visited spas all around the world, so that says a lot when I say top 5! They are rated as a 5 diamond resort but I would say they've exceeded to a 6 if such a level existed. - Tip - book a package including breakfast!

Room Tip: book a package with Breakfast included
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here in October 2013 for two nights on business, and I have never experienced such an incredible hotel. It was top notch. The room was amazing, with a view of both the city and bay, and I could even see the hotel's "beach" from my room and a little bit of the pool. The staff were very helpful and professional, and the room service was great too. If I could afford to stay here on my own, I'd visit Miami again just to stay in this hotel. It was awesome. AND, I saw Alicia Keys and family while I was there. Too cool!

Room Tip: Deluxe King room with city and bay view was wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Centerville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Wife and I traveled to Miami for a weekend getaway. We have stayed at other Mandarin properties and this one was fantastic! The staff at the Mandarin Oriental Miami were wonderful! Great service, location, food, pool, spa and room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gene T
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is my first time to this hotel. I have stayed in other Miami and South Beach hotels, but the Mandarin Oriental is definitely at the top of my list. From the moment you walk into the lobby, with its massive floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water, you are surrounded by beautiful views.

The rooms are spacious. Our room had a large sleeping area and a large sitting area, separated by a desk and tv area. Both areas were equally comfortable. And again, whether you are sitting in the bed or sitting on the couch, you have a beautiful view of the ocean. Our room also had large balcony. The bathroom was massive, with a large tub, separate shower, and the usual amenities.

The service was fantastic. The food was very good. The outdoor areas were beautiful.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank NYBizTraveler11612
Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a great time, the staff is very nice, the service at the pool is excellent as well as the food everywhere. The view is breathtaking and the location is good to walk around or if you like running.
Loved the breakfast brunch, a little pricey but worth it. You will have a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dana R
Washington
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have stayed at many high end hotels, but the Miam Mandarin Oriental was the most smoothly run, and had the best trained staff, I have encountered. None of that "it will be my pleasure" nonsense, but personal attention to detail, excellent food, and rooms that were so clean you could eat off the floors. The actual hotel is undergoing a renovation, and it is not close to South Beach, but the pool area is so relaxing, and there is even an artificial "beach" on the property, though they don't allow access to the Biscayne Bay. The restaurant Azul is just outstanding. Be sure to ask for Brent as your waiter. One of the most personable, but excellent servers I've had. Even the busboy Simi was terrific, as was the sommelier Todd. Can recommend this hotel highly for business and pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business