“Lovely Hotel, Great Service”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #4 of 121 Hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have stayed in the MO in Miami multiple times and intend to come back. The hotel has a lovely location - with most guest rooms having a view of the Miami skyline - which at night is spectacular. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, good quality, very comfortable beds. The hotel has a private beach, with huge lounge beds.

The service is some of the best I have ever experienced - the staff cannot do enough for you. Lots of examples - including one of the restaurants was being renovated during our visit - the hotel made sure we were aware of this before our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at the MO for a bachelor party in Miami. The hotel is nice, but definitely is missing the finer points to be an elite hotel. The service is average and could be considered below average for a 5 star. The shower was leaking water into the room and some of the finishings seemed dated. The pool was great. Overall, we had a good stay, but I would consider trying out other options before returning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NainTrain
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review of our hotel and value your feedback.

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service we strive to extend to all our guests and I apologize for the inconveniences experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and make immediate improvements.

We do hope you will reconsider and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Jorge Gonzalez
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently stayed at the MO Miami for the 2nd time, and I must say it has deteriorated in the interim. We have also stayed at other MO properties in the US and abroad and found them to be, in general, excellent. This property, unfortunately doesn't compare, except in price. Our major issue is with the management and particularly the manager, Jorge Gonzalez. We had an issue upon check-in, where one of our 2 rooms was not available until approximately 6PM. Since we were only there for an extended weekend, this was a significant inconvenience. When I asked the staff to let the manager know what had happened I was told they would, but subsequently never heard from anyone. I followed up the next day and still no response. I subsequently wrote a personal letter to Mr. Gonzalez to which he also did not respond. When I received a survey from MO, I registered my disappointment. I then received a response that stated, "we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us." It made it very obvious that they do not read or consider their customer's input. On the upside the valet parking is probably the best I've encountered, the staff, in general, is very friendly, and the food is good. Unfortunately with management such as Mr. Gonzalez, the upside probably will not last long.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank John L
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Dr. Labiak,

We appreciate your follow up note on TripAdvisor. As we have been in contact via email and phone on a couple of occasions, we do understand your note was probably already written before we were in touch.

Should you wish to further discuss, please contact me through our Executive Office.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President
boca raton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The facility was ideal for a wedding. The beach, the view and the food were excellent. My room was a little small but the view of the bay made up for it.
The free trolley was convenient. Went to Vesqua which in its self was worth seeing.

Having a wedding? consider this spot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

First stay at the Mandarin Oriental and was amazed at the service. This was the best service received at a hotel in the U.S.
Example: the concierge recommended an off-property restaurant that would be suitable for my 2 yr old son, husband and I, and once we were seated at said restaurant, the manager brought us a glass of champagne each courtesy of the hotel concierge. There were a few other instances like this in our very short stay.
Other five star things besides service: rooms, view, breakfast buffet.
Four star: pool, location.
Location, while not perfect, was actually quite convenient.
Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the water, the patios are beautiful to sit over the water.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was a special treat for the family while my husband was at a conference for the weekend. There is a beautiful pool area. The mile long jogging trail around the island was fun. There is also a free trolley you can catch in front of the hotel.
We had a blast. Staff was super friendly.
We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed here many times and it is my favourite MO (take this over London and Geneva) for service, room quality and the front desk. The breakfast is excellent, and I must say that in the off season, the hotel offers a lot of value for money. Beware though: this hotel is in the financial district and is not really suitable for pure beach lovers/tourists. Also, there was a lot of construction going on and the bar area was quite small as a result.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business