“Wonderful hotel.”

Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Campinas/SP
“Wonderful hotel.”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

If you want to stay on a nice hotel, with many friendly people and a very good spa, this is the place.
Breakfast is great and the rooms are very nice. Beds are huge and the bathroom also very good.
I fully recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sidsilva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Oakland, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 March 2014

As a frequent Four Seasons Hotel guest I consider myself a hotel snob, I recently stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Miami and was pleasantly surprised. I had stayed there 3 years ago and was not impressed, the rooms and grounds have been upgraded. Every person I encountered were friendly and helpful. With the advantage of a beach and jogging path around this beautiful island I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Really great experience! The hotel has modern facilities and high level services. You see the perfection in every detail. The breakfast is divine! I do recommend this hotel for all sorts of purpose: business, family, friends or any kind of celebration!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leonardo R
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Second visit in two years, still an outstanding hotel.
Quiet surroundings on Brickell Keys, beautiful views from both rooms and pool.

Fabulous staff, service minded, observant, couldn’t find one exception anywhere.
Rooms second to none, fresh in all aspects, great housekeeping, friendly and professional.

Breakfast, just right, staff did the little extra, every day. After 2 days they even remembered your name and what you preferred for the early morning breakfast.

Every day left you with a great satisfaction of just being a guest. There are of course hotels with more modest room charges in Miami but I am sure you will find this reasonable in view what you get.
Happy to come back again.

Room Tip: Can't think of any in particular, higher up probably more quiet and as always, away form elevat...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kemah, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Well, long time since i've been to Miami and I thought it would be a good idea to bring my wife along for the ride. It was a business trip so first let me say that the hotel staff was nice and accomadating, our rooms was clean and the bed was comfortable. However when I got back from my conference my wife told me that she spent the day at the hotels private beach area where she couldn't get anything to drink no matter how many times she asked the waiter. She finally had to search out the bartender just to get a glass of water. She said the waiter took her order about 4 times and never showed back up. She said he was very involved with another group of people who obviously were more important. Not good for a supposedly 5-Star hotel. So I would rate the hotel as a little above average since service is what the 5-Star rating is all about.

Room Tip: You want to be either on the South or Southwest side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank milbysbeach
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that the experience your wife had at the hotel with our beach staff was not up to the standards we strive to provide to all our guests. I will address the deficiency in service that was encountered and will look into where the lapses occurred to take corrective measures to ensure we have proper staffing and attentive service to ensure this does not happen again.

I hope you will give us another opportunity and I am at your service for any future assistance

Jorge Gonzalez
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at the MO, Miami en route to St Kitts, rather than suffer a transfer at Miami airport...based on the Mandarins reputation especially in London we thought it would a good start to our trip, what a disappointment.
There are a few pet hates when travelling at the hotel delivered them...
1. in the process of checking in the receptionist took an internal call and kept us waiting dealing with something else mid check in..not impressed especially after a long haul flight
2. After freshening up we sat and had a drink in the lobby bar. Service was poor, drinks poor, and attitude was as though they didn't really care.
The hotel itself is a large impersonal building and the rooms average for a 5 star hotel. We didn't eat at the hotel, but got a pizza delivered..highly recommended.
Really hotels of this standard need to provide a level of courtesy and consistency and guests need to feel as though they are welcome. I would recommend better training of staff. The brand suffers as a result.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Charlie300658
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was a disappointing one. I regret that we did not provide the level of service we strive to extend to all our guests and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team immediately.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although, we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, we value and respect your opinion.

Jorge Gonzalez
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Business trip. Excellent experience from the time my cab dropped me off until I checked out. Impeccable service, beautiful. I spent to much $$ on cocktails, but I digress.
This establishment exceeeded ALL of my travel expectations.

Room Tip: Any room is wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo